PDA

View Full Version : A tool to (re)name transcoded files

JohnM
12-13-2010, 10:45 AM
It would be helpful if an easy means to name files that have been transcoded existed.
So if one of my wav files were transcoded to 17012-lpcm-0-pcm_s16le.mzt I would be able to select it and give it a meaningful name (to people) like really_neat_song.mp3

This could be used to move the transcoded files out of the transcoded area and back to the library.

Paul
12-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the suggestion! A future version of Mezzmo will actually show in the GUI if a file has been transcoded and we'll consider adding a function to copy the transcoded file elsewhere and rename it.

bsantelli
08-10-2012, 03:42 AM
I see this has been added, but why can't mezzmo include the original file name as part of the transcoded file name automatically? That's a feature I've been looking for for some time now. i understand mezzmo may still need some of the parts of the filename that are there today, but appending or prefixing with the original file name would be extreme helpful in managing my transcoded files.

Brian

Thanks for the suggestion! A future version of Mezzmo will actually show in the GUI if a file has been transcoded and we'll consider adding a function to copy the transcoded file elsewhere and rename it.

Paul
08-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Understand, Brian. Thanks for the feedback. We are using the current file naming system to quickly identify characteristics of the transcoded file & also keep them unique. We'll consider your suggestion for a future version.