PDA

View Full Version : Create mta files(Samsung chaptering files)

fits79
12-06-2019, 09:53 AM
Hi.

I want to know if there is any way the mezzmo 5.2.0.0 or newer version of the program that create mta(Samsung chaptering files) for every video files/folder i add at the program.

If there is how i can enable that feature?

Peter
12-06-2019, 12:13 PM
Mezzmo can create them when using the Samsung C profile. If you are using a newer TV you may need to modify the profile, see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/9999-Easy-FF-Rew-in-video-files for an ongoing discussion on this.

fits79
12-06-2019, 01:02 PM
I have the samsung ue49mu7000.

Can you PLEASE guide me how i do that?

And if that works mezzmo will create .mta files like samsung all share program do?
Completely automatic for every file?

I have already read all of these links/guides but i can't make mezzmo creatte mta files that chapter every video file every 5 minutes.

Again can you PLEASE tell me a guide that work with the mezzmo 5.2.0.0?????

Here is a picture with my tv(I renamed it to Samsung ue49mu7000).
https://i.postimg.cc/Jyyw131p/mezzmo-issue.jpg (https://postimg.cc/Jyyw131p)

Peter
12-06-2019, 03:45 PM
Mezzmo creates the MTA content internally and sends it to the TV when the file is requested so you will not find the MTA created by Mezzmo on disk. When using the Samsung C profile with extended="1" defined then a URL to the MTA file will be listed in the item listing and when the TV requests the file Mezzmo will generate one on the fly. This will work with 5.2.0.0 for Samsung C/D models, we have not tried it with newer models.

fits79
12-06-2019, 05:12 PM
As you see when i enter the model name the program itself it choose samsung c.

Can you tell me what i must do or edit and at which file so i check if the auto chaptering work?

Some video files i check by default without do anything me it doesn't work the chaptering.

Must do something?

PLEASE HELP ME.

Here is the first lines inside the file "SamsungCaptivate.prf"

<MezzmoDeviceProfile>
<version>302</version>
<device>
<guid>D8FEBDAD-6CCC-4a97-A15E-BDDE350D529A</guid>
<name manufacturer="Samsung" model="Captivate" profileactive="1" extended="1" />
<useragent>SEC_HHP_SGH</useragent>
<useragent>Dalvik</useragent>
<xavclient></xavclient>
<xavphysicalunit></xavphysicalunit>
<friendlynamedlnaorg></friendlynamedlnaorg>
<upnpmodel></upnpmodel>
<upnpmanufacturer></upnpmanufacturer>
<upnpfriendlyname></upnpfriendlyname>
<mezzmoserver></mezzmoserver>
<transcoding enabled="1" minimumstreamingsize="10000000" waitmsbeforestreaming="10000" contentlength="3" />
<devicedescription>GenericDeviceDescriptionSamsung.xml</devicedescription>
<videomax width="800" height="480" />
<imagemax width="4096" height="4096" />

And with that file the chaptering doesn't work at all.

The mta files create the program samsung allshare for every video file it work fine at the tv(I see chapter normally at every video file).

Is there any option mezzmo creates mta files for every video file?

Peter
12-06-2019, 06:30 PM
Use the Samsung K instead of the Captivate and make sure it has:

<samsungchaptering duration="15" numchapters="5"></samsungchaptering>
In the <device> tags. See Samsung C (SamsungLA.prf) for example.

fits79
12-06-2019, 08:06 PM
You mean to edit the file "SamsungK.prf" and edit to add this :

<MezzmoDeviceProfile>
<version>510</version>
<device>
<samsungchaptering duration="5" numchapters="20"></samsungchaptering>
<guid>71f3f48a-e21b-4d13-b420-a3f1fbe5b1ac</guid>
<name manufacturer="Samsung" model="K" profileactive="1" needsfileextension="1" needsdlnaprotocolinfo="1"

supportsbookmarks="1" respectfeaturetyperequest="2" chunkedresponse="1"/>
<useragent>SEC_HHP_\[TV\] [A-Z]{2}[[:digit:]]{2}(K|KS|KU)[[:digit:]]{4}</useragent>
<xavclient></xavclient>
<xavphysicalunit></xavphysicalunit>
<friendlynamedlnaorg></friendlynamedlnaorg>
<upnpmodel>(^[A-Z]{1}(K|KS|KU)[[:digit:]]{4})</upnpmodel>
<upnpmanufacturer>(^Samsung$)</upnpmanufacturer>
<upnpfriendlyname>(^\[TV\] Samsung 8 Series).*$</upnpfriendlyname>
<transcoding enabled="1" minimumstreamingsize="10000000" waitmsbeforestreaming="20000" contentlength="4"

contentlengthaudio="1" autorotateimages="0" />
<devicedescription>GenericDeviceDescriptionSamsung.xml</devicedescription>
<videomax width="4096" height="2160" />
<packetsize live="8192">1024000</packetsize>
</device>

And must change anything else at program?
Or just edit the file add this line and should work?

And why we must edit the samsungk file even the program shows samsung c?
And no it doesn't work either.

I change the file "samsungk.prf" as i quote you above and still don't see any chapters at my tv.

I try even change the profile from the program.
See the picture bellow.
https://i.postimg.cc/YGbFTCNB/mezzmo-issue.jpg (https://postimg.cc/YGbFTCNB)

Still nothing.

I believe the best way is to make mezzmo create mta file for every video file like samsung allshare program do and this tv shows the chapters.

fits79
12-08-2019, 08:25 AM
I try even video files i have added at samsung allshare with the mta file to every video file and even with these video files when i try mezzmo 5.2.0.0 doesn't see chapters my tv.

Is there any other solution about the chapters that regonise it my samsung ue49mu7000?

Peter
12-09-2019, 10:11 AM
Does the TV see the chapters when using allshare?

fits79
12-09-2019, 10:18 AM
Yes it did.

If it doesn't then i don't even start this topic.

Peter
12-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Can you please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try streaming a video file to the TV then send us the logs so we can investigate further.

fits79
12-09-2019, 11:57 AM
So you can tell me how i make the mezzmo 5.2.0.0 create or work fine with the samsung ue49mu7000?

Is there any option that mezzmo 5.2.0.0 create a seperate mta file for every video file i add at the library like samsung allshare program do.

So my tv accept these chapter mta files.

Send where the rar log file?

Peter
12-09-2019, 02:06 PM
Please send the log file to support [at] conceiva [dot] com

Mezzmo creates the MTA content on the fly when streaming the file so it is not written to disk, the only way to view the content of an MTA file is to request it from the server using the URL in the item listing sent to the TV.

fits79
12-09-2019, 02:30 PM
I have send it.

And i know that you tell it to me again.

I simply ask you if there is an option to create external the mta file same as the video file as the samsung allshare do.

Peter
12-09-2019, 02:59 PM
The log shows that Mezzmo is creating the MTA content and the TV is requesting it then Mezzmo is sending it to the TV.

fits79
12-09-2019, 03:11 PM
My fault i send you the srt file.
Now i send you the correct ones.
And i send you more than 1 file so you check what is the same at every files that it is for different video files.

fits79
12-12-2019, 04:57 PM
I believe you FORGOT me.

I send you the correct files but never got an answer.

WHY?

Peter
12-13-2019, 09:25 AM
We never got the mta file, only the srt. Can you please try sending the mta file again?

fits79
12-13-2019, 09:50 AM
I send you a 2nd mail from different mail account i have inside 4 mta files.

Are you here now to send it you now?

I send you again the mail with 10 mta files to compare them.

And all these 10 mta files it is for DIFFERENT video files not the same.

Peter
12-13-2019, 10:39 AM
Yes we got the files.

fits79
12-13-2019, 10:48 AM
Ok.
I wait your answer/solution then.

Peter
12-13-2019, 11:07 AM
The contents of the mta files is the same as Mezzmo is generating and sending to the TV. Either chapters are only supported via USB or there is another issue causing it not to work. Do chapters work with any other media server on the tv?

fits79
12-13-2019, 11:17 AM
You mean with samsung allshare program or mezzmo?
With samsung allshare program at every media player i have try it will see the chapters normally.
With mezzmo no it doesn't recognize any chapter at any media player.
Edit: Now i have try with windows7 dlna media server and tv see chapters normally.

Then why chapters with the samsung allshare work fine and chapters with mezzmo doesn't?

Maybe cause mezzmo create ON THE FLY(As you said) mta files and this tv(As most samsung 4k tv's) needs the mta files for each video file so....

There isn't any way to make mezzmo create additional mta files for every video file so it do it like samsung allshare program do?

Maybe then the chapters work fine.

So you tell me there isn't any solution to create chapters with mezzmo that it was compatible with any dlna player like that has inside the samsung ue49mu7000 or any other media player.

Peter
12-13-2019, 04:43 PM
Are you using the Mezzmo app on the TV? Using the Mezzmo app on the TV chapters are not currently supported. Using the Mezzmo server and the Samsung TV default player (allshare) then chapters should be supported with the changes to the device profile that you have made.

fits79
12-13-2019, 05:29 PM
I don't understand you?
There is mezzmo app for the samsung tv's?

I send you the log files. So you can see what exactly i use.

And no when i run the mezzmo windows app i don't run samsung allshare to.

I run one or another NEVER both at the same time.

fits79
12-17-2019, 08:39 PM
An answer please.

Peter
12-18-2019, 09:44 AM
There is a Mezzmo app available for some models of Samsung TV so I thought you may be using this and it was causing some confusion. If you are just using the default player on the TV then the chapters should work the same when Mezzmo is delivering the chapter information on the fly as Samsung allshare. We will have another look at the logs to see if we can find any other issues. Can you also please try disabling transcoding in Transcoding Settings in Mezzmo to see if chapters work?

fits79
12-18-2019, 10:18 AM
When you say mezzmo app you mean at my mobile or my tv?
No i don't use any mezzmo app ony the windows mezzmo program NOTHING ELSE.

And yes i try from default player of my tv and NO it doesn't recognize the chapters from mezzmo windows program.

I believe i have already disabled the transcoding from mezzmo.

Peter
12-18-2019, 11:05 AM
I mean the Mezzmo app on the TV.

There may be an additional header required or some other communication as Mezzmo is listing the chapter file and the TV requests it.

fits79
12-18-2019, 02:13 PM
Now i try and install the mezzmo app to my tv but even from mezzmo app it play all the video files WITHOUT any chapter at all just the samsung default media player do.

So....
what can i do?

Peter
12-18-2019, 06:06 PM
Yes the Mezzmo app for Samsung does not support chaptering, this is why I asked if you were using the app as this would have explained why it was not working. I would greatly appreciate it if you would help us by installing Wireshark (you can download it from
http://www.wireshark.org) and following a few steps:

What you will need to do in Wireshark is the following:

1) turn off your device
2) stop the Mezzmo server if it's running
3) run Wireshark
4) go to Capture -> Interfaces
5) in the dialog that pops up click the Start button opposite your network card (if you have multiple, please choose the one that's connected to the
device)
6) turn on the device
7) run the other media server and try streaming a file to your device
8) click on Capture -> Stop in Wireshark
9) click on File -> Save in Wireshark and save the file as a Wireshark/tcpdump format (default)
10) zip it up and send it to me

If all goes well, it should be a large file and it should contain what we need to know to get Mezzmo working with your device properly.

fits79
12-18-2019, 08:46 PM
What is this wireshark?
I download it and install it but it has to many devices and at every device the field is pink.

So now what?

Peter
12-19-2019, 11:16 AM
During the installation of Wireshark another program is installed to allow wireshark to collect network traffic called Npcap, did this program install correctly? Wireshark may also not work with wireless network interfaces so if you are using wireless this could be a problem.

fits79
12-19-2019, 02:16 PM
The result file it is ".pcapng"?

Ok i send you the result file of wireshark.

Peter
12-19-2019, 03:13 PM
Yes, it should be a large file once you save it. Add it to a zip and send it to us.

fits79
12-19-2019, 03:53 PM
No it wasn't.
It was only 1.5mb.
And i don't play a full series episode.
I just platy 1-2 minutes.
Check the file and tell me.

Peter
12-20-2019, 09:14 AM
We did not receive the email, can you please try sending it again.

fits79
12-20-2019, 08:49 PM
I send you new mail with a lot of bigger file.
I send you p.m. as well.

Please inform me with news.

fits79
12-22-2019, 01:23 AM
So did you check the file??
What did you find?

Is there any solution for this chapter issue?

Peter
12-23-2019, 09:16 AM
We have looked at the capture file and it does not contain any information about a file being played, it only contains a browse of the top level playlists of the server.

fits79
12-23-2019, 11:35 AM
So we don't Do anything at all.......

And you don't know that this file doesn't show anything at all before you ask me to create it?

Peter
12-23-2019, 01:56 PM
In order to determine how to change Mezzmo to reproduce the behaviour of the other server we need to see how the other server delivers the file with the chapter information. So we need you to stream a file to the TV using the other server that works with the chaptering then we can hopefully see how to change Mezzmo to work with the chaptering.

fits79
12-23-2019, 03:13 PM
Which server do you mean???

That file I created with the "Samsung allshare server" NOT the mezzmo server so........

Peter
12-23-2019, 03:19 PM
You stated previously that your files stream to the TV using the Samsung allshare server with chapters working so we need you to stream a file to the TV using the Samsung allshare server so that we can see how it streams the file with the chapters.

fits79
12-23-2019, 03:32 PM
One more time the file I send you it was when I stream video files to the TV with Samsung allshare program.

And I believe this is you ask me to do from the BEGGINING with wireshark so what you tell me now??
That you forgot what did you ask me to do with wireshark.......

Peter
12-23-2019, 03:52 PM
The contents of the pcap file from wireshark did not show any files being streamed so we are unable to get any information from it on how to improve Mezzmo to stream chapters to the TV. If you can please try to capture this information again we can have another look to see if there is anything to help to get Mezzmo working with chapters on the TV.

fits79
12-23-2019, 03:59 PM
How it doesn't show any files streaming???
As i tallied you stream for about 1-2 minutes at every files and total 5 files.

So this is tooooo strange you tell me.

Are you completely sure that the 2nd file i send you and it was 67mb DOESN'T show any stream file at all?????

Peter
12-23-2019, 04:47 PM
The file did not show any files being listed so perhaps you already had the files listed and just selected to stream them in which case it makes it difficult to find the streaming files in the wireshark capture. The best approach is to turn on the TV then browse to a file and stream it from the server.

fits79
12-23-2019, 04:51 PM
Exactly that i have already put the folder with video files at the samsung allshare and simply i play it from my tv.

I must create a complete new folder put there some video files and add it to the samsung allshare from the beggining????

You DON'T tell me that so how i suppose to know it?

Can you wait 5-10 minutes to do it now and send you the file?

I do these steps now:
01. Create a complete new folder at my pc "Folder for samsung allshare(mezzmo)"
02. I run the wireshark and choose the lan port i stream the video files
03. I open the samsung allshare program and add it the folder i create at step 1
04. I wait to add the folder and create the .mta files the samsung allshare program
05. I play 20-30sec of every file at my tv at random time.

Edit: Done.
Now i compress the file with winrar and send it to wetransfer.
This new file it is 180mb so it is REALLY BIG.
I send you the mail ok?

Correct?

fits79
12-23-2019, 05:26 PM
Mail send it and the file checked by download it and unrar it.
It works fine.
So i wait for your results.

Ok?

Peter
12-24-2019, 09:21 AM
We compared the logs you previously sent us for Mezzmo to the capture from Wireshark for allShare and could not find anything that would indicate a problem. We recommend changing the Device Profile from Samsung K to Samsung C in 'Media Device's in Mezzmo as the Samsung C profile is known to work with chapters on older Samsung TVs and since Samsung AllShare has not been updated for years it should be the same.

fits79
12-24-2019, 12:35 PM
I have try the Samsung c profile at the start using this program but still doesn't work so.....

This is the only solution you can find?

Cause even with profile Samsung c doesn't work the chapters.

And i have choose the samsung c profile even now but still the same chaptering DOESN'T work so we do all that for nothing????

Paul
01-02-2020, 09:52 AM
We know from other Samsung TV owners that the Samsung C device profile works with chapters. See this wiki topic for further help - http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_chapters_with_your_samsung_tv

fits79
01-02-2020, 10:44 AM
As you REALLY KNOW BY NOW with my 4k samsung tv NOT working the chaptering thing.
With tha Samsung allshare program it work fine but with yours mezzmo DOESN'T and you check it with wireshark log fines you tell me to send you and YOU DO NOTHING AT ALL to correct this issue with no chaptering at all from mezzmo so.......

Paul
01-02-2020, 01:11 PM
I just read your support email threads with Peter and I understand the history now. Since you have changed to 'Samsung C' device profile, please create a new set of logs so we can compare them with your previous logs to see if any changes are taking place between server communication between your TV and Mezzmo server. Please email these logs to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

fits79
01-02-2020, 04:54 PM
No i can't cause I completely uninstall mezzmo and wireshark cause Peter tell me that he can't do anything at all to fix this issue so......

Peter
02-24-2020, 01:32 PM
We have fixed the issue and confirmed with another user testing the fix. I have sent you an update containing the fix.

fits79
02-24-2020, 01:43 PM
So now you tell me that the new mezzmo ver. 6 it create .mta files for more combatibility with samsung tv's?

fits79
02-24-2020, 02:07 PM
I try the newer version 6 of mezzmo.
But this version it is MORE BUGGY than the previews.
I mean most of the video files(Avi, mkv, mp4 e.t.c.) Don't even play and most of them it shows that buffering/loading forever so....
I even try the samsung profile N but still .....

And for one more times subtitles DON'T WORK AT ALL AT ANY VIDEO FILE so.....
Still useless the newer version 6 for chaptering video files for samsung 4k tv's.

So don't even fix the chaptering issues but make mezzmo now don't even work so.....

Peter
02-24-2020, 02:13 PM
Yes the version 6.0.3.0 we provided to you has support for delivering an automatically created mta file to the TV. You will need to use the Samsung N profile with the TV as this has the tag for samsungchapters defined.

fits79
02-24-2020, 02:26 PM
No you don't offer me verson 6.0.3.0 but at your site you have the version 6.0.2.0 and this version i test.

But with the 6.0.2.0 look the previews post.

Peter
02-24-2020, 02:50 PM
Chapters are not working with 6.0.2.0. I sent you a link to the installer for 6.0.3.0 in an email, install this version and chapters should work using the Samsung N profile.

fits79
02-24-2020, 03:06 PM
I just install the 6.0.3.0 with samsung n.
And Yes mostly the chaptering work but with PROBLEMS.
1. Doesn't show a picture at the time the specific chapter is. It just show the mezzmo icon nothing more.
2. Why the file names of the video files DOESN'T appear correctly at my tv?
For example the real video file is "Castle.2009.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-LOL-[GTtvSD]" and at tv appeat like "Castle: S004 E002: Castle.2009.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-LOL-[GTtvSD]"
Why before tie title of every video file it show something like "Castle: S004 E002:" for castle series and something else for some other videos.
Even with version 6.0.3.0 DOSN'T CREATE MTA files for every video file but most of the times even without mta files the chapters work at tv.

One suggestion.
Give us the option to choose how much minutes gonna split any video file with chaptering system.

How i can make mezzmo 6.0.3.0 shows at tv the EXACTLY SAME NAMES as it has the video files?

Peter
02-24-2020, 03:22 PM
Currently the mta file is only sent with a Mezzmo icon for the thumbnail image. We would need to extract the thumbnail images from the video file in advance and store them on disk to be able to send them in the mta file.

The video title uses Display Titles to show extra information in the title. To use the filename as the title please see http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=display_titles#display_title_example_1

It is possible to edit the minutes split for chaptering by editing the device profile http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_chapters_with_your_samsung_tv&s[]=samsungchaptering#advancedcustomizing_auto-chaptering

fits79
02-24-2020, 03:28 PM
Ok so you can't create a thumbnail at the chapters ok.
Please explain to me how i make tv shows video files EXACTLY as it is without anything more and please can you tell me what i must do so mezzmo DON'T add any folder or picture for every video file.

I check this site
http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?...itle_example_1 (http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=display_titles#display_title_example_1 )

but i don't understand what i must do exactly.
Edit: I figure out.

THANKS.

fits79
02-29-2020, 12:29 PM
Why at the download page you don't have the version 6.0.3.0?
It is still at beta condition?

Peter
03-02-2020, 09:12 AM
Yes 6.0.3.0 is still in beta.

fits79
03-02-2020, 12:32 PM
Why it still in beta? It isn't stable yet?

Peter
03-02-2020, 01:38 PM
It is stable but we are not ready to release a new version yet.

fits79
03-02-2020, 03:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7pX9IHTDn8

fits79
03-13-2020, 05:13 AM
What is change at 5.0.4.0?
And is there any lighter edition of the program cause the base mezzmo program is too heavy for old pc's.

At the next version of the program try to show screenshots of the chapters as it do the samsung allshare program.

Peter
03-13-2020, 09:19 AM
New: Detecting changes in existing media files using the last modified date.
Improved: iHeart radio channel enhanced.
Fixed: Downloading posters and album art from the Internet.
Fixed: Samsung Chapters on supported Samsung TV models.

There is no lighter version for older pcs. You can disable transcoding to improve performance on older pcs.

fits79
03-13-2020, 09:39 AM
Even then the program is toooooo heavy for old pc's.

And please check the option to add screenshots for chapters like allshare do.