PDA

View Full Version : Sony Bravia and 5.1 passthrough

jyron
12-09-2019, 11:33 AM
Hi,

I am streaming 5.1 surround files to my Sony (x900F 2018 Model) using the Mezzmo app and have some questions about the 5.1 signal. If I send the surround audio from the TV to my receiver when streaming a video with Mezzmo using the inbuilt video player, it sends the full 5.1 surround signal to my receiver. (It also does this for any other app - Netflix, Stan, etc.)

However, if I use any other video player with Mezzmo (Mezzmo player, MX player, VLC) it down-mixes the signal to stereo. Is there any setting that I'm missing which is causing these players to not output 5.1?

Peter
12-09-2019, 01:59 PM
The Mezzmo video player is decoding the audio to stereo pcm audio data, not sure about the other video players. There is currently no setting to cause the Mezzmo player to pass the 5.1 audio to the TV for playback. I think the Kodi android app may support passthrough 5.1.

Peter
01-21-2020, 02:40 PM
The Mezzmo android app now uses libVLC as the video player which supports passthrough but we are unable to test this here, please join the beta https://play.google.com/apps/testing/conceiva.mezzmo.pro if you would like to try passthrough