PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Generate Video Thumbnails

GCardall
01-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Was wondering if there was a setting somewhere (couldn't see it) that would allow me to pre-generate the video thumbnails INSIDE a video? I'm not talking about the menu thumbnail, but the thumbnails every X seconds inside a video that get displayed when moving forward or backward inside the video from a SmartTV/Roku.

Is this an option somewhere I just can't see or is this pre-generation feature not available yet (i.e. Only generates these images once you start playing a video)?

Thanks!

jbinkley60
01-03-2020, 11:04 AM
Was wondering if there was a setting somewhere (couldn't see it) that would allow me to pre-generate the video thumbnails INSIDE a video? I'm not talking about the menu thumbnail, but the thumbnails every X seconds inside a video that get displayed when moving forward or backward inside the video from a SmartTV/Roku.

Is this an option somewhere I just can't see or is this pre-generation feature not available yet (i.e. Only generates these images once you start playing a video)?

Thanks!

I believe what you are looking for is under Maintain Library and then select Update Video Preview Thumbnails. Note this takes a while to run maintenance and generate the thumbnails depending upon your files, processor etc...

GCardall
01-09-2020, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I'll give this a shot tonight.

GCardall
01-10-2020, 07:57 AM
This appears to be exactly what I want.

Side question: Where does Mezzmo store these "Video Preview Thumbnails" and how large is each one? I'm interested in both creating a backup and space consumption. Thanks!

Paul
01-10-2020, 09:37 AM
These files are stored in a "Bif" sub-folder in your transcoding folder. Click Media Server -> Transcoding Settings menu item to display the Transcoding Settings dialog. On the Transcoding Settings dialog, click the 'View Transcoded Files' button and it will take you to your transcoded files folder. You will see a 'Bif' sub-folder there. Each ".bif" file contains a set of preview thumbnails for a single video file.

GCardall
01-10-2020, 10:28 AM
Awesome - thanks for the info/quick response!