PDA

View Full Version : Cant update artwork since yesterday.

Mike Swift
02-08-2020, 01:25 AM
Mezzmo has been working well since at least 2013, the date on my purchase key backup, but I suspect longer.

A few weeks ago video media artwork would update when I selected View – Refresh and 99% of the time with the correct artwork.

If it didn’t I could select Properties – Change Poster – Get Internet Artwork, if the file name wasn’t added to the search box I did so manually and then had the choice of Artwork to add to the file.

I tried this yesterday and got the message “Mezzmo cannot find any artwork for this music or video using the information you have provided.”

I did a repair install which didn’t help, as possibly from an old download, this morning an update 6.0 was flagged and I installed this.

I still have the same message when I try and add artwork, I’ve tried with several video and music files without success.

Nothing has changed over the last few days, nothing installed or altered.

Any help with this strange problem gratefully received.

martyd
02-08-2020, 03:55 PM
Yes, same here. Mezzmo gets the correct metadata and artwork from thetvdb.com and themoviedb.org when doing Get Online Video Metadata, but gets that error when I try the Get Internet Artwork option under Change Poster. Something changed with the 6.0 release, by the looks of it.

Nightlight
02-09-2020, 05:03 AM
Aye, same here.

Peter
02-10-2020, 09:35 AM
We have reproduced the problem here and will investigate further.

Mike Swift
02-10-2020, 11:45 AM
Many thanks, on the ball as usual.

Peter
02-10-2020, 01:43 PM
We have fixed this issue and will release an update. If you would like to try the fix send an email to support [at] conceiva [dot] com

Mike Swift
02-11-2020, 10:22 PM
Many thanks, downloaded the fix from the site in the e-mail you sent me and can confirmn Get Internet Artwork now works, at lease on my setup.

Again Thanks

Mike

Nightlight
02-12-2020, 09:08 PM
Thanks for posting the link Mike, all working fine now.:o

ftanner
02-14-2020, 07:53 AM
Peter... Is 6010 ready for general availability, or is it still in "testing". I found a regression in 6000 that you guys had fixed a couple of years ago.

Peter
02-14-2020, 09:06 AM
Please contact support for the link to the installer as the version that was posted in this thread may be out of date soon and we prefer not to have links to old versions posted in threads.

Can you please tell us more details about the regression?

ftanner
02-19-2020, 02:44 AM
Please contact support for the link to the installer as the version that was posted in this thread may be out of date soon and we prefer not to have links to old versions posted in threads.

Can you please tell us more details about the regression?

Previous versions, if we renamed the service that Mezzmo ran as, for instance mine is called 'RhaeVision', when you upgraded Mezzmo, it would error out and not start/restart the service saying that the service was unavailable. I mentioned it in a thread quite a while back and you fixed that. It's back again. 6.0.0.0 had the same "service unavailable" message.

Peter
02-19-2020, 10:02 AM
I tried this here by installing version 5.2.0.0 and setting the server to run as a service with the name 'Test Mezzmo'. Then I upgraded to 6.0.2.0 and when running Mezzmo after the update I was able to start the server.

ftanner
02-19-2020, 02:46 PM
I tried this here by installing version 5.2.0.0 and setting the server to run as a service with the name 'Test Mezzmo'. Then I upgraded to 6.0.2.0 and when running Mezzmo after the update I was able to start the server.

Manually start it, sure. Mine did the same thing. After you fixed the issue previously, it would automatically start, and the error message wasn't there during the upgrade.

Peter
02-19-2020, 05:08 PM
The error message may come from the service list in c:\ProgramData\Conceiva\Mezzmo not being updated when the service name changes or when changing from a service to a console process. We will try to reproduce this here.

When we added the option to run the server as a console process we removed the auto start of the server when starting Mezzmo after an update. I think this was done prior to version 5.2.0.0.

ftanner
02-19-2020, 10:22 PM
The error message may come from the service list in c:\ProgramData\Conceiva\Mezzmo not being updated when the service name changes or when changing from a service to a console process. We will try to reproduce this here.

When we added the option to run the server as a console process we removed the auto start of the server when starting Mezzmo after an update. I think this was done prior to version 5.2.0.0.

I got the error again when upgrading to 6.0.2.0. It is as listed below.

The error message is:

Mezzmo could not access the media server service.
More Information: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
Error Code: 1060

Peter
02-20-2020, 08:59 AM
Yes this happens when the services file in c:\programdata\conceiva\mezzmo gets out of sync with the server name.

ftanner
02-20-2020, 10:18 AM
Yes this happens when the services file in c:\programdata\conceiva\mezzmo gets out of sync with the server name.

You had that fixed for one of the versions, or maybe a couple of them, because I stopped getting the error message. I haven't changed the server name since then.

Content of the services text file.

[Mezzmo Services]
RhaeVision=Mezzmo|C:\Users\svc-mezzmo\AppData\Local\Conceiva
HOME\svc-mezzmo=RhaeVision|C:\Users\svc-mezzmo\AppData\Local\Conceiva

The strange part is that the app is installed on the D:\ drive. I am presuming that the C:\ drive paths listed are for config and device files.