PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Remove a Category From The List?

vguitarist
02-11-2020, 03:14 PM
Hello,

I have a few categories on the dropdown list that are no longer needed. How do I remove them?

Thanks

Peter
02-11-2020, 03:31 PM
To remove categories from the list there needs to be no files using them. Once a category is no longer used it is removed. Try creating a smart playlist where the category equals one you want to remove to find the files with this category set.

vguitarist
02-12-2020, 11:24 AM
To remove categories from the list there needs to be no files using them. Once a category is no longer used it is removed. Try creating a smart playlist where the category equals one you want to remove to find the files with this category set.

Thanks for the quick response Peter. Yeah, I did that before posting the question. Do I need to pack the database to remove them?

Peter
02-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Categories are removed from the database when you run Maintain Library or when you maintain a file so you can right-click on a file and select to Maintain the file and this will remove the unused categories.

vguitarist
02-12-2020, 03:11 PM
Categories are removed from the database when you run Maintain Library or when you maintain a file so you can right-click on a file and select to Maintain the file and this will remove the unused categories.

I maintained the database and the unneeded categories are gone. Thanks for your help.