PDA

View Full Version : LG UltraHD TV 2019 - New Profile

GDragoN
02-18-2020, 07:15 PM
I recently got a new LG 55UM7450PLA that supposedly supports all kinds of video formats, including HDR from videos. Mezzmo detected the TV and assigned LG UltraHD profile. But, any file I played, all were started to transcode, even basic 1080p MKV files got transcoded, and for 4K MKV with HDR, transcoding was around 1 fps. So, I started messing with the profile file, and modified it based on what TV should play, so the new profile actually has the TV play everything without any transcoding, including MKV files 4K HEVC with TrueHD Dolby Atmos sound. If anyone needs an updated profile, I have attached my profile file that should work with any LG 2019 UltraHD and newer models with the series 6 or higher (they all have same video processing system).

Also, when I updated Mezzmo from 6.0 to 6.0.2, it removed all the profiles, and copied new ones, deleting all the changes I made, so I had to use backup profile. There should be a question during install about this, so that users are aware that Mezzmo will mess with the profiles.

Regards,
Milan

steve+t429
02-19-2020, 08:50 AM
Hi GDragoN

I have a LG OLED65C9 (2019) TV and I found that everything I've tried works fine with transcoding turned off too. When I updated from 6.0.1 to 6.0.2 so far as I can tell the profile was retained, so not sure why you had a problem.

Peter
02-19-2020, 09:21 AM
When Mezzmo is updated the Device profile folder is backed up to DeviceProfiles.bak in c:\programdata\conceiva\mezzmo so you can restore any previous Device profiles by copying them from the backup folder.