PDA

View Full Version : Support for FLAC/APE and CUE files

GDragoN
02-18-2020, 07:16 PM
Hi,

All new TV's can read various of audio formats, including FLAC and APE, yet Mezzmo always transcodes these into MP3. Can you provide me with example profile that has support for FLAC without transcoding? Why Mezzmo still doesn't support audio CUE files - playlists basically? CUE file has a single FLAC file where the whole album is stored, and CUE contains information about songs and position in the FLAC file?

Regards,
Milan

Peter
02-19-2020, 10:09 AM
Format support is not uniform across all new TVs so in order to provide a good user experience Mezzmo does not assume support for a format unless we can confirm it from user feedback. If your TV supports FLAC we can add support to the device profile if you tell us the device profile you are using. We have had a few requests for CUE file support but have not had a chance to implement this. It would be similar to DVDs where the contents is a single medium separated into VOBs where Mezzmo uses the IFO to find the video titles and create entries in the database for each using the same source files. We could probably do the same for CUE files.

GDragoN
02-19-2020, 10:52 PM
Hi,

I have LG 55UM7450PLA, and it uses LG UltraHD profile. From what I have seen, all LG 2018+ UltraHD TV's support FLAC format without any issues. If you can attach the modified profile, or include it in the next version, it would be great.

Regards,
Milan

Peter
02-20-2020, 09:07 AM
We will include the modified profile in the next update.

rado
03-19-2020, 09:28 PM
Hello,

I would like to vote for the CUE files support.
Strangely this is something missing from all major media servers (Mezzmo, Plex, Emby ...). Adding support for CUE files in Mezzmo will be a nice plus for it.

Peter
03-20-2020, 09:08 AM
CUE files would be similar to DVD multi files where a video may start at partway through the DVD vobs and end before the end of the vobs so we can re-use this to implement CUE files. We have some CUE files here that we will experiment with to see if we can get this working without too much trouble.