PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy S10 cannot find server

costero
04-16-2020, 06:00 AM
I've got Mezzmo running on my Win10 PC, with a Samsung series 8 TV; that part works fine.

I have Mezzmo Android running on my Samsung S5e tablet; that part works fine; from my tablet, I can see (and run files from) the server on my PC.

I've installed Mezzmo Android on my Samsung Galaxy S10 phone, and that install cannot find the server on the PC.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times, I've checked the device list on my PC, new connections allowed, etc. etc. -- everything is as spec'd in the FAQs I've read.

But I cannot get the !@#$%^&! phone to see the Mezzmo server on the PC. (It does show the phone's local Mezzmo server, which I don't care about.)

Any ideas?

PS: All Media Devices shown on my PC's Mezzmo have the same IP numbers: 192.168.0.xxx

Peter
04-16-2020, 09:40 AM
Do you have mobile data enabled on the phone? If so try disabling this and just have wifi enabled to see if the app can find the server.

costero
04-16-2020, 11:21 AM
Apologies, Peter -- this turns out to have been a big ĄDOH! on my part.
Mobile data was not enabled, but your suggestion prompted me to do some additional wifi poking.
It turns out the phone (it's my wife's) was set to our router's Guest access, and that one is restricted from seeing our computer network.
So, I switched her phone to the wifi network she *should* have been using and all is well.
Sorry to have wasted your time.
Mezzmo remains amazing. :-)