PDA

View Full Version : Rapidshare

gazza
08-19-2008, 03:48 PM
When I copy and paste a rapidshare url into a downloadstudio job all I get downloaded is a html file? I thought that rapidshare was supported?

Brent
08-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Yes, we do support rapidshare for both free and premium users.

Take a look at our FAQ's for more information about downloading from Rapidshare and other file sharing sites.

http://www.conceiva.com/products/downloadstudio/faqs.asp

If you are a free user, you will not be able to copy and paste a rapidshare link directly into a DownloadStudio job, you have to go through the rapidshare web site before you will be able to get the correct download link.

If you are a premium user we work because we read cookies from all modern browsers, so as long as you have logged into rapidshare through a web browser, we will use this cookie information to download the file.

The important thing for premium users is they enable 'direct-downloading' in their rapidshare account. If this is not enabled you can't directly download a rapidshare file in any browser or download manager, you will just get a html page downloaded. See our FAQ about how to turn direct downloading on.

Baldur
08-26-2008, 07:47 AM
I am a rapidshare premium user, but DownloadStudio will only download 1 file at a time. My rapidshare account says I am allowed unlimited connections as a premium user.

Brent
08-26-2008, 07:51 AM
DownloadStudio has rules turned on that limit connections to sites such as rapidshare.

If you are a premium user then you can turn this rule off.

To do this go to the DownloadStudio options dialog, under the site rules section you will see a site rule for rapidshare. Deleting this site rule will allow an unlimited number of connections.