PDA

View Full Version : Retain data when moving files

HomerRamone
05-23-2020, 07:01 PM
Im going to reorder my media and just wondered if theres a way to preserve the watch count an other metadata that each file has when I do ?

jbinkley60
05-24-2020, 03:36 AM
If you leverage the database facilities within Mezzmo like smart playlists and such then the data is retained. If you move things around on your drive in different drive folders then Mezzmo rediscovers them as new files.. However, you can move an entire directory on a drive and leverage the Mezzmo move tool to maintain the metadata. Some examples here are you move directory A to another drive or to be a subdirectory. I rarely move files in directories on a drive and instead leverage the power of Mezzmo's database to alter my menus.

Peter
05-25-2020, 11:29 AM
Spot on Jeff. If you move your files you can update the path in Mezzmo so that the metadata and playcount is retained http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=maintenance_tools&s[]=maintenance&s[]=tools#change_paths

HomerRamone
06-01-2020, 12:29 AM
Thanks guys. Whilst trying to move them I did something wrong. Not sure what so I just bit the bullet and added them again.