PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal.

Mike Swift
06-19-2020, 10:52 PM
I have Mezzmo set to start minimised when Windows 10 64 bit starts, I usually close down overnight.

I have Mezzmo set to start minimised when Windows 10 64 bit starts, I usually close down overnight.

Yesterday I wanted to do some work on Mezzmo so opened it and did what was necessary, I was meaning to minimise to the tray via the right hand top dash but instead hit the X, no problem I thought I’ll just re-launch.

I couldn’t do this, no amount of clicking the Mezzmo desktop icon would start it up.

I rebooted the PC and Mezzmo started minimised as it should.

Not liking mysteries I again closed with the X and once again could not re-start Mezzmo, I looked in Task Manager, Mezzmo and Mezzmo Media Server 32 bit were still running.
I stopped them both and clicking the Mezzmo icon then worked.

I had the same results using EXIT from the File menu.

I’m sure I have accidently closed in the same way before and been able to restart via the icon, OK now I know closing via Task Manager isn’t a problem.
I just wondered if this is normal in recent updates, Mezzmo normally runs without being shut down for around 16 hours a day and works fine.

PS, Have there been any updates better than the Samsun N device profile for my Samsung 7 series UHD TV?

Many thanks in advance

Mike Swift

Peter
06-22-2020, 09:30 AM
Hi Mike,
the Mezzmo application runs as a single instance so when you run Mezzmo and it is still running the existing application will try to move to the foreground. It sounds like when you exit Mezzmo something is still being processed in the background and this is preventing the application from exiting. I tried it here and the Mezzmo application is exiting and shutting down correctly after closing from the EXIT entry in the File menu. Does the problem only occur when Mezzmo has been running for a long time?

ftanner
06-22-2020, 11:35 AM

Yesterday I wanted to do some work on Mezzmo so opened it and did what was necessary, I was meaning to minimise to the tray via the right hand top dash but instead hit the X, no problem I thought I’ll just re-launch.

I couldn’t do this, no amount of clicking the Mezzmo desktop icon would start it up.

I rebooted the PC and Mezzmo started minimised as it should.

Not liking mysteries I again closed with the X and once again could not re-start Mezzmo, I looked in Task Manager, Mezzmo and Mezzmo Media Server 32 bit were still running.
I stopped them both and clicking the Mezzmo icon then worked.

I had the same results using EXIT from the File menu.

I’m sure I have accidently closed in the same way before and been able to restart via the icon, OK now I know closing via Task Manager isn’t a problem.
I just wondered if this is normal in recent updates, Mezzmo normally runs without being shut down for around 16 hours a day and works fine.

PS, Have there been any updates better than the Samsun N device profile for my Samsung 7 series UHD TV?

Many thanks in advance

Mike Swift

As someone who clicks the "X" to "remove the displaying of the Mezzmo app", clicking the X does, by default, minimize the client to the task tray (the area next to the clock". The reason that you cannot 're-run" the application is that it is, in fact, still running. You can see it by searching for 'Mezzmo*32.exe' in the Task List in task Manager. That said, by default, Windows not display all of the applications that are in the system tray, but you can "make" Windows display the icon to do so.

This article has a good explanation of how to do so.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-customize-the-system-tray-icons-in-windows-10-1724097781

jashuabasset
07-06-2021, 07:02 PM
As someone who clicks the "X" to "remove the displaying of the Mezzmo app", clicking the X does, by default, minimize the client to the task tray (the area next to the clock". The reason that you cannot 're-run" the app (https://gbapps.net/gbwhatsapp-apk/)lication is that it is, in fact, still running. You can see it by searching for 'Mezzmo*32.exe' in the Task List in task Manager. That said, by default, Windows not display all of the applications that are in the system tray, but you can "make" Windows display the icon to do so.

This article has a good explanation of how to do so.
https://lifehacker.com/how-to-custom...-10-1724097781

I'm new here and I want to know, Can I use this info which I got from Microsoft official website.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/customize-the-taskbar-notification-area-e159e8d2-9ac5-b2bd-61c5-bb63c1d437c3

ftanner
07-07-2021, 01:25 AM
I'm new here and I want to know, Can I use this info which I got from Microsoft official website.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/customize-the-taskbar-notification-area-e159e8d2-9ac5-b2bd-61c5-bb63c1d437c3

Sure, but all that does is affect the displaying of the icon, not controlling the way the app reacts when you click the X. You can do the same thing in the Options - General - System Tray Icon setting.