PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo won't use poster that is named the same as the movie file

smitbret
06-24-2020, 08:17 AM
I am collecting a few HDR titles and have been labeling them "<movietitle> (HDR) (<year>)". That way they can be distinguished from Non-HDR versions of the same movie. For Example:

Wall-E (HDR) (2008).mkv
Wall-E (HDR) (2008).jpg

vs.

Wall-E (2008).mkv
Wall-E (2008).jpg

Each in their own, respectively named folder.

Mezzmo refuses to automatically use this poster for the HDR titles. It works great for the non-HDR, though. It's universal and repeatable every time.

Peter
06-24-2020, 09:13 AM
(HDR) is likely detected as a noise word and removed from the video title when adding the file to the Mezzmo library. You can turn this off by unchecking the box 'Get text metadata from file path' in Metadata retrieval settings then try maintaining the file to see if the poster is found. You could also try naming the poster without the (HDR) to see if Mezzmo finds it.

smitbret
06-25-2020, 01:36 AM
(HDR) is likely detected as a noise word and removed from the video title when adding the file to the Mezzmo library. You can turn this off by unchecking the box 'Get text metadata from file path' in Metadata retrieval settings then try maintaining the file to see if the poster is found. You could also try naming the poster without the (HDR) to see if Mezzmo finds it.

"Noise Word" is something new to me for Mezzmo. Is anything in () going to be considered a noise word? I ask because as I go back through my library, I notice that most of my movies with something in parentheses have issues. For instance "(Unrated)", (Extended Edition)", "(Uncut)" as well as language notations like "(Chinese)" or "(Italian)" are also being ignored.

I have <Get text metadata from file path> turned off. It has never been turned on since I try to get as much info from my .nfo files as possible without introducing errors from other sources.

Peter
06-25-2020, 09:19 AM
Only the year in parenthesis will be used, other values in () will be ignored and removed from the title by Mezzmo when creating a title for the file. This is only for creating a title and the full filename is still used for matching subtitles, thumbnails and nfo files.

smitbret
06-27-2020, 02:41 AM
Thanks Peter. Removing the "(HDR)" from the name of the poster file fixed the issue.

However, this reminded me of an issue that seems to have popped up since v6. Random poster files don't get ?uploaded? to the database properly. They appear to be just partial files where some portion of the image is correct but the rest looks like a jumbled bunch of artifacts. It seems completely random and only occurs when letting Mezzmo maintain the folder or playlist. It has never happened when I go in and choose the picture manually. I have attached a supporting screen shot.

smitbret
06-28-2020, 06:14 AM
Also, just to clarify, anything in "()" will be discarded as noise except for the year? So for this title:

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (HDR) (2020)

The ideal name for the poster file would be "Birds of Prey (2020).jpg", correct?

martyd
06-28-2020, 04:20 PM
Bret,

I've seen the half poster thing occur back in V5, too. It would only happen occasionally and if I retried sometime later it would fix it. Because of that, I just assumed that problem was with thetvdb. I haven't had it happen for a long time, though.

Peter
06-29-2020, 09:40 AM
Yes when trying to create a title for the video Mezzmo will remove everything in "()" and discard it except for the year.

I tested the naming for the poster here and it should be named exactly as the video file without the (HDR):
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (HDR) (2020).mp4
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (2020).jpg