PDA

View Full Version : Have a mkv problem with my Panasonic 42G15

scorpionso
12-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Hi I just downloaded Mezzmo. it seems really good software.But I have problems with it. I can see server at my TV.There is no problem.Even I can see all my .mkv and .avi movies.But my TV can't play any of them. With an other media server I can play .avi formats. What I should do for make my TV play especially .mkv formats.I'm waiting for help.Thanks

Paul
12-16-2010, 10:13 AM
Please make sure that the "Panasonic Viera" device profile is selected for your TV (check using the Media Devices dialog). If it is and you're still having issues, please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll send you a patch and an updated device profile.

scorpionso
12-18-2010, 08:56 AM
I want to ask this question if I can get it clearly may there will be no problem. I can't play mkv files (and also avi this is not important at the moment) is it because of my TV can not play mkv files in fact ? Can this Mezzmo software makes it play mkv files ? If my question is not clear please let me know that thank you.

scorpionso
12-18-2010, 09:52 AM
I want to ask this question if I can get it clearly may there will be no problem. I can't play mkv files (and also avi this is not important at the moment) is it because of my TV can not play mkv files in fact ? Can this Mezzmo software makes it play mkv files ? If my question is not clear please let me know that thank you.

Ok I solve all my problems I choose device profile as a Generic Device 4. And I can play mkv formats.Thank you very much for your interest. Just I would like to know that is there any subtitle support :)

Paul
12-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Yes, the TV does not support MKVs natively and they need to be transcoded. We've got an updated device profile to make transcoding better and that'll be part of the next minor Mezzmo update (due out this week). The Vieras that we tested supported external subtitles (SRT/SUB), so if you have subtitles in this format then you should see them on the TV.

scorpionso
12-21-2010, 01:59 AM
thank you very much your interest.

bigdog
12-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Yes, the TV does not support MKVs natively and they need to be transcoded. We've got an updated device profile to make transcoding better and that'll be part of the next minor Mezzmo update (due out this week). The Vieras that we tested supported external subtitles (SRT/SUB), so if you have subtitles in this format then you should see them on the TV.

Dennis my Panasonic Viera plays all mkv files using the "Panasonic Viera" device profile
-- you have updated my "Panasonic Viera" device profile a few times for stuttering and aspect correction

-- My Panasonic Viera can not play MKV movies that are on memory stick; Panasonic advised below
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Panasonic Customer Service Representative advised me on Nov 18 2010 that:

Panasonic does not have plans to produce a update for MKV video. MKV is not part of the accepted video formats. AVCHD MPEG2 and DIVX AVI are supported only.

Kind Regards,

Gavin

Customer Service Representative

Customer Care Centre