PDA

View Full Version : system task stuck

stewart
07-07-2020, 07:34 AM
HI is there a way to fix this system task Creating video preview images its still at 7903 that seems to be stuck its using 95% of the cpu but the numbers are not changing or if they are they are very slow. I let it over night and its still just sitting there. I tried to stop the task but it does nothing when i restart it is going down very slowly like 1 every 30min to a hour or so way to long

Peter
07-07-2020, 02:23 PM
You can stop your Mezzmo media server then exit Mezzmo and go to your Mezzmo database folder (see in Options for the location) and delete the file MezzmoVideoPreviewThumbnails.db to stop the preview images from being created. When running Maintain Library make sure the box to generate preview thumbnails in unchecked so that Mezzmo does not start creating them again.

joe33067
03-21-2022, 10:52 PM
You can stop your Mezzmo media server then exit Mezzmo and go to your Mezzmo database folder (see in Options for the location) and delete the file MezzmoVideoPreviewThumbnails.db to stop the preview images from being created. When running Maintain Library make sure the box to generate preview thumbnails in unchecked so that Mezzmo does not start creating them again.

Hi Peter - I did as you suggested - including unchecking the option to create video preview files. When I started mezzmo again, it created the file MezzmoVideoPreviewThumbnails.db again (12K). I do not see the system task running again, but I just wanted to confirm that this is expected behavior. Thanks.

Peter
03-22-2022, 10:33 AM
Yes, this is expected. The re-created db file will be empty so no tasks will be queued to create thumbnail files.