PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo not detecting Roku Streaming Stick+

G1032
07-31-2020, 07:57 PM
Hi folks
I've just installed Mezzmo media server on my Windows PC
Trying to search for servers on the Roku app but it won't pick up the Mezzmo Media Server
Mezzmo media server will detect my Chromecast, my Fire Stick, my router, but it does not show my Roku in the Media Devices list
They're both on the same network
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
I'd try add it manually because I have the Roku IP and MAC address but there is no option I can find to add a device manually to the MEdia Server
TIA

ftanner
08-01-2020, 12:52 AM
Hi folks
I've just installed Mezzmo media server on my Windows PC
Trying to search for servers on the Roku app but it won't pick up the Mezzmo Media Server
Mezzmo media server will detect my Chromecast, my Fire Stick, my router, but it does not show my Roku in the Media Devices list
They're both on the same network
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
I'd try add it manually because I have the Roku IP and MAC address but there is no option I can find to add a device manually to the MEdia Server
TIA

They don't show up until you add the Mezzmo server to the Roku. You can do this either with the Roku media app or the Mezzmo app. Once you do that, it will reach out to the Mezzmo server. Unlike the Firestick (which has Chromecast), for whatever reason, the Rokus don't automatically search for DLNA or casting servers. It's a dumb design on Roku's part.

G1032
08-01-2020, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the reply
I installed Roku Media Player and could find no way to add the Mezzmo Server. But then after a few minutes the Roku media player automatically found the Mezzmo Server. But this takes ages every time I start the Roku Media Player and sometimes it just doesn't find it at all
Would you mind please explaining how I add the Mezzmo Server to the Roku. The Mezzmo app gives me an option to add server by URL. Each time I type in the server IP address there is does nothing and I can't find a way to add the server manually in the Roku Media app
Thanks again

Peter
08-03-2020, 09:40 AM
Please make sure that your firewall is set to allow MezzmoMediaServer.exe to listen on port 1900. The Roku will send out an M-Search message when looking for servers and Mezzmo server will receive this and respond. Mezzmo also sends out Notify messages every 30 minutes by default and this is configurable in 'Media Sever Settings in Mezzmo http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=changing_ssdp_advertisement_interval

G1032
08-05-2020, 03:28 AM
Hi Peter
Thanks for the reply
I uninstalled Mezzmo from my Windows PC, then reinstalled, and now the Roku is showing up in the list of 'Media Devices'. Progress!!
However when I go to the Mezzmo app installed on the Roku and 'search for servers on the network', nothing happens. It just displays 'Loading' and then goes back to the home screen of the Mezzmo app.
I've installed the Roku Media PLayer app on the Roku also and it sometimes finds the server, but this might take 5 minutes, if it finds is at all.
I have set the server advertisement interval to 180 seconds

Peter
08-06-2020, 09:12 AM
We will need to see some logs to determine what is happening with the loading. Please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo Media Server try browsing the server on the Roku and then after it shows loading and returns to the home screen of the app send us the logs so we can investigate further. Send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

You can also try temporarily disabling your firewall on your PC to see if the Roku finds the server faster.

G1032
08-08-2020, 06:22 AM
We will need to see some logs to determine what is happening with the loading. Please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo Media Server try browsing the server on the Roku and then after it shows loading and returns to the home screen of the app send us the logs so we can investigate further. Send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

You can also try temporarily disabling your firewall on your PC to see if the Roku finds the server faster.

Thanks Peter
I've sent those files on