PDA

View Full Version : Problem with profile and few x265 files

GDragoN
09-07-2020, 05:19 PM
I have a new LG TV that plays everything. And my Mezzmo profile is set to send all files without transcoding, and that works great, and I have all sorts of files, including x265 4K with and without HDR, x264 HD, and 4K... But, I recently got a few files that Mezzmo can't play without the transcoding, even if they are compliant with the TV and, from what I can see, compliant with the profiles.

One of the files FFMPEG information is attached, and when I plan the sample of this file on TV from the USB flash stick, it works fine. But, Mezzmo always tries to transcode it, and it gets stuck because the file is HEVC 4K encoded, and it has few frames per second transcoding speed. How can I modify the profile (also attached) to allow this sort of file to play directly? Is the problem with the file level of encoded stream, if it is, how to modify profile for it, because TV can play that file directly?

Peter
09-08-2020, 09:19 AM
It will be transcoded because of the subtitles. Try replacing the subtitles embedded definition at the bottom of the profile

<allowembedded formats="xsub" avcontainers="avi">yes</allowembedded>

with

<allowembedded formats="xsub,hdmv_pgs_subtitle" avcontainers="avi,matroska">yes</allowembedded>

Then save the file and restart your Mezzmo media server

GDragoN
09-10-2020, 12:51 AM
Thanks, I will try it! Is there any documentation on how to configure profile files? I have figured some stuff, but there is more things I might wanna tweak.

Peter
09-10-2020, 09:54 AM
There is currently no documentation on the profile files. You can look at other profiles to see more examples of tags and values that can be set.