PDA

View Full Version : BBC iPlayer

macgd016
12-18-2010, 10:03 PM
I realise that this is a UK specific question.....but does anyone know if it is possible to stream saved iPlayer files using Mezzmo. The files can be saved either in WMV format and played on WMP11 and above or mp4 and played on the iPlayer Desktop that has been built using Adobe Air 1.5. However, in both cases the files are DRM protected using Flash Media Rights Management Server (FMRMS) (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashaccess/)

It would be really great to be able to stream these files as any other video file using Mezzmo but if this is not possible does anyone know how to remove this varient of DRM firts.

Paul
12-20-2010, 10:47 AM
I don't think that DRM'ed files can be played on other devices. We can certainly stream them, but I don't think they'll be played by the device. I don't know how to remove that sort of DRM protection, but maybe somebody else does and can help.

Jeremy Gilbert
06-15-2011, 04:29 PM
"Antivirus companies are considering protecting their customers from the digital rights management software used by Sony on some CDs. Kaspersky Lab has classed Sony's DRM software as spyware because, among other things, it can cause crashes and loss of data, and it can compromise system integrity and security. Explaining its decision, Kaspersky said it used the definition of spyware provided by the Anti-Spyware Coalition. Sophos, another security company, is similarly scathing of Sony and is calling the software "ineptware check its really work

Jeremy :P