PDA

View Full Version : Viera GT 50 can't see Mezzmo

marcel
11-12-2020, 10:42 PM
Yesterday I installed Mezzmo. I had problem with serviio - movies (.mkv) in 2,39:1 format could not display with normal aspect ratio (Viera allways stretches them out vertically). Other servers had other problems, such as no multichannel sound etc.

Mezzmo immediately recognized my tv as Panasonic Viera GT50 (2012) but it's not listed on media servers list on tv.

Checked FAQ, went thru router parameters, all according to FAQ, stopped all other media server services or deinstalled them (windows media server still works) so they do not activate at startup, firewall setttings, tried changing viera model (I'm not sure if it's 2011 or 2012), nothing helps. Any ideas?

btw. went thru this, all seems ok

http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=mezzmo_server_not_listed_on_device

Peter
11-13-2020, 09:00 AM
It could be that your firewall is blocking MezzmoMediaServer.exe, can you please try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if the TV sees Mezzmo?

marcel
11-13-2020, 08:07 PM
It could be that your firewall is blocking MezzmoMediaServer.exe, can you please try temporarily disabling your firewall to see if the TV sees Mezzmo?

it was turned off all the time, on router. I can't put screenshot here, says no permission to upload photo so link is down there. Is there maybe something on windows?

Firewall:

https://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/34/18/94/router10.png

windows firewall:

https://i68.servimg.com/u/f68/19/34/18/94/window10.png

Peter
11-16-2020, 10:25 AM
Sometimes after windows updates the firewall rules get in a state where they block Mezzmo so you should either try turning off your Windows Firewall temporarily or remove all the Mezzmo rules from the Firewall then go to 'Media Server Settings' and click the button to configure the windows firewall.

marcel
11-19-2020, 07:51 AM
It works after I turned off Windows firewall, thank you! Now, there's just one thing to solve, with certain movies multichannel sound is not recognized, it converts to stereo

if it means anything,

Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: dts (DTS-HD MA), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s32p (24 bit) (default)

Peter
11-19-2020, 09:07 AM
Depending upon the profile selected for the TV in 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo the audio may be transcoded. The Panasonic Viera (2012 Models) profile does not have support for DTS audio specified so it will be transcoded to mp3, you could try disabling transcoding in transcoding settings to see if the files play without transcoding the audio or right-click on the file in Mezzmo and select properties then on the Transcoding tab select 'Use Original File...' then select your TV and then try streaming the file.

marcel
11-24-2020, 06:04 AM
Depending upon the profile selected for the TV in 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo the audio may be transcoded. The Panasonic Viera (2012 Models) profile does not have support for DTS audio specified so it will be transcoded to mp3, you could try disabling transcoding in transcoding settings to see if the files play without transcoding the audio or right-click on the file in Mezzmo and select properties then on the Transcoding tab select 'Use Original File...' then select your TV and then try streaming the file.

Yes, thank you, it was confusing because marantz receiver actually does decoding (viera just seems to pass it through), and usually shows "dts 5.1" when available. However, I tried 2014 viera profile and sound is ok, only when I pre-transcode files aspect ratio is not, experimenting with pre-transcode aspect ratio options on mezzmo right now, one will probably work... Seems I need a new TV set anyway.