PDA

View Full Version : Samsung

Britinva
12-22-2020, 10:03 AM
I've been using Mezzmo many years across a number of devices but recently upgraded to a Samsung QLED TV (model: QN65Q60TAFXZA)

I've started to have issues playing some files........ the device profile auto-selected is Samsung N

Don't have issues playing on other devices.

Basically playing video coded as 'orig' I just get a blank screen, and if I look at status on PC running mezzmo nothing appears to be happening.

If I recode with Handbrake coded as 'new' it plays fine.

Any ideas?

Peter
12-22-2020, 10:31 AM
It is possibly a problem with the video being encoded as avc3 in the orig whereas the re-encoded video uses avc1.

Britinva
12-25-2020, 09:35 AM
Odd thou I don't see anything on Mezzmo indicating attempting to play or trying to transcode to something the TV can play

Peter
01-04-2021, 09:57 AM
Mezzmo does not check if the file is encoded in avc1 or avc3 and just checks if the file is h264 so if the file is h264 then it will match the profile and be delivered without transcoding to the TV.

Britinva
01-04-2021, 10:42 AM
What i don't understand is I don't see anything on the server.... is it worth me enabling logging?

Peter
01-04-2021, 01:51 PM
If the original file is being sent to the TV for playback then you may not see anything on the server as the TV will get the start of the file and begin decoding it then find the headers of the avc and reject the file. You will need to recode the file using handbrake or transcode in Mezzmo and force a full transcode. Mezzmo does not currently differentiate between avc1 and avc3 so there is no way to trigger transcoding of avc3 streams.