PDA

View Full Version : Files not showing on Mezzmo client

HomerRamone
03-21-2021, 12:34 PM
Im seeing many instances of an issue where files that are shown in playlists in Mezzmo on the server are not showing up in files on the client.

Any idea of the cause - or how I can diagnose this ?

(This is on an osmc running Kodi and using the mezzmo plugin)

Thanks

jbinkley60
03-21-2021, 11:48 PM
Im seeing many instances of an issue where files that are shown in playlists in Mezzmo on the server are not showing up in files on the client.

Thanks

Can I get a little more detail here like what version of the Kodi addon you are running, is a specific file missing within a playlist or is it cutting off the end of a playlist and do you have any specific files names ? Did this just start or has it been happening ?

Jeff

ftanner
03-22-2021, 12:13 AM

Thanks

I've seen the Mezzmo "server" app misidentify files as folders many times. This is still a current "feature" in the app. Could that be what's happening to you? You have to go back and manually re-scan that specific video.

jbinkley60
03-22-2021, 02:32 AM
I've seen the Mezzmo "server" app misidentify files as folders many times. This is still a current "feature" in the app. Could that be what's happening to you? You have to go back and manually re-scan that specific video.

I think you might be referring to a scenario where Mezzmo doesn't fully discover a file and populate the database with all of the metadata. I've seen this happen when copying a file to Mezzmo and it attempts to discover during the file copy. In this scenario it might not be able to determine all of the codec information because it doesn't have the full file yet. I added detection for this situation in version 1.0.8.6 of the Kodi client. If you browse a playlist with the Kodi client it will provide a popup window for files which aren't fully discovered by Mezzmo. It also will not add them to the Kodi database.

Jeff

Peter
03-22-2021, 09:57 AM
Files may not show up on the client if parental controls are active and the rating of the files is greater than the rating allowed for that devices. Please check if parental controls are enabled. Files may also not show up on a device if the device does not recognize the mimetype of the file. Is the type of the files different to other files that are showing up?

HomerRamone
03-24-2021, 05:32 AM
Not sure what version of the addon I was on (Quite an old one I suspect), but I updated it after posting the question to see if that has any impact.
I have no parental controls enabled and there is no apparent pattern to files that are not appearing. Some just don't appear. Usually ones in playlists but I have some of the "raw" source folders exposed too and when they dont appear - they don't appear anywhere.
Don't think its the files themselves either because I have seen some of them listed one day then a few weeks later there they are gone. I realise this isnt very helpful - which is why I was asking if there was a way to help diagnose it :)

jbinkley60
03-24-2021, 07:38 AM
Not sure what version of the addon I was on (Quite an old one I suspect), but I updated it after posting the question to see if that has any impact.
I have no parental controls enabled and there is no apparent pattern to files that are not appearing. Some just don't appear. Usually ones in playlists but I have some of the "raw" source folders exposed too and when they dont appear - they don't appear anywhere.
Don't think its the files themselves either because I have seen some of them listed one day then a few weeks later there they are gone. I realise this isnt very helpful - which is why I was asking if there was a way to help diagnose it :)

Ok, so you should be running 1.1.2.0 then if you just downloaded an update and are running Kodi 18 Leila. I am going to post 1.1.2.1 tomorrow but it won't have anything to address this type of issue. The quickest way to troubleshoot this is:

Stop/restart Kodi.
Put Kodi in debug mode.
Browse a folder or playlist where you have something missing.
Take Kodi out of debug mode
Send me your Kodi.log file and let me know the name of the video(s) which didn't display

The debug output will tell me everything the addon saw and what it did with each video. I'll send you a private message with my E-mail address.

Thanks,

Jeff

ftanner
03-26-2021, 07:32 AM
I think you might be referring to a scenario where Mezzmo doesn't fully discover a file and populate the database with all of the metadata. I've seen this happen when copying a file to Mezzmo and it attempts to discover during the file copy. In this scenario it might not be able to determine all of the codec information because it doesn't have the full file yet. I added detection for this situation in version 1.0.8.6 of the Kodi client. If you browse a playlist with the Kodi client it will provide a popup window for files which aren't fully discovered by Mezzmo. It also will not add them to the Kodi database.

Jeff

No. I'm talking about where it sees a file, and for some reason thinks it's a folder and won't play it. I've actually mentioned this behavior in other threads as well.

Peter
03-29-2021, 09:59 AM
If a file is not identified as a photo, video or music then it is treated as a folder. This could be because Mezzmo has tried to resolve the information from the file while it was being downloaded and incomplete and an error occurred so it is an invalid file. Maintaining the library or browsing a folder again can usually resolve these and get the information from the file.

jbinkley60
03-29-2021, 10:48 AM
The Kodi addon checks for all of the video / audio codec data to ensure proper identification. If it is incomplete / missing a popup is displayed to alert the user and the file is not displayed in the Kofi addon video listing. I've always been able to fix files like this with running maintenance against the folder / playlist in Mezzmo.

Jeff

jbinkley60
03-30-2021, 04:22 PM

Thanks

I believe this issue has been fixed with the latest version of the Kodi addon 1.1.2.4 or 2.1.2.4 if you are running Kodi 19. Please download and let me know if it resolves the issue. Can you tell me what skin you are running on Kodi ? This bug only impacted certain skins.

Jeff