PDA

View Full Version : Manual Poster Update Quirk

ftanner
04-06-2021, 12:03 AM
So I've noticed a "quirk" when manually updating a movie poster.

If you go to the properties of the item, then go to Change Poster - Get Internet Artwork and then click Search for Artwork, it takes multiple times (usually three times) of clicking that to get the artwork, almost every time; even if the movie metadata exists in the properties. This same quirk does not occur if you select Get Online Video Metadata instead. The error message displayed is "Mezzmo cannot find any artwork for this music or video using the information you have provided." The error message comes back very quickly. Clicking the Search for button multiple times, without changing the search criteria, usually three times, brings up the appropriate artwork (which you sometimes have to scroll through sometimes (I know this is normal)).

I mostly notice this when either there is the wrong poster, and I am changing it to the correct one, or it was unable to get the correct poster the first time.

Peter
04-06-2021, 10:35 AM
We have fixed the issue. Please send an email to support [at] conceiva.com and we will send you the latest beta to try.

ftanner
04-08-2021, 12:21 AM
We have fixed the issue. Please send an email to support [at] conceiva.com and we will send you the latest beta to try.

E-mail sent.

ftanner
04-08-2021, 11:45 PM

That seems to have done the trick. It's also had the added benefit of searching, updating and refreshing updates much faster as well. Feels like you went through and updated the whole mechanism front to back.

ftanner
04-12-2021, 12:50 AM
After playing with it a couple of days, I've noticed something in the beta build.

Every once in a while, while retrieving a poster, all of that goes well, but when it applies the poster, the bottom half of the poster, as displayed in the Mezzmo interface is replaced with static. Yet when I open the Properties for the file, and during the retrieval process, the poster looks fine.

If you need more info, please let me know.

Peter
04-12-2021, 09:13 AM
We have had a similar issue reported in the past but have not been able to reproduce it here. Can you please send us a screenshot?

ftanner
04-12-2021, 09:54 AM
We have had a similar issue reported in the past but have not been able to reproduce it here. Can you please send us a screenshot?

Sure. I will take a screen shot the next time it happens. If I exit out of the Mezzmo interface and go back into it and re-do that particular movie, the poster downloads correctly.

jbinkley60
04-12-2021, 11:54 AM
Sure. I will take a screen shot the next time it happens. If I exit out of the Mezzmo interface and go back into it and re-do that particular movie, the poster downloads correctly.

I've had the same situation happen with the 1/2 poster result. I believe there's a memory leak in the Mezzmo GUI application but it is very intermittent and typically happens after I have been doing many metadata / artwork retrievals. I can't reproduce it when I want to :D

Jeff

ftanner
04-13-2021, 01:09 AM
I've had the same situation happen with the 1/2 poster result. I believe there's a memory leak in the Mezzmo GUI application but it is very intermittent and typically happens after I have been doing many metadata / artwork retrievals. I can't reproduce it when I want to :D

Jeff

I agree there's definitely a memory leak when you are updating metadata/artwork. I have to exit out of the Mezzmo app, rarely it crashes on its own, over time because it stops refreshing the interface. Especially with all of the ones that I am doing manually.

ftanner
04-13-2021, 01:56 AM
I don't know if this helps with the troubleshooting of the memory leak, but I have noticed the following...

When you first start the Mezzmo app and are doing manual metadata updates it takes "a long time" like 10 to 20 seconds to actually update things once you've found it and clicked to save the updates. That's not really a long time, but for the purposes of what I am talking about it is. As time goes on and the updating gets quicker and quicker until the leak occurs. Eventually it's near real-time just before the issues start occurring.

Peter
04-13-2021, 08:46 AM
We will try to reproduce this here. Does it happen only when using 'Get Internet Artwork' to update the poster or when using 'Get Online Metadata' also?

ftanner
04-13-2021, 09:33 AM
We will try to reproduce this here. Does it happen only when using 'Get Internet Artwork' to update the poster or when using 'Get Online Metadata' also?

I see it with a manual metadata grab almost exclusively.