PDA

View Full Version : Need help with 5.1 audio

plasmaboy91
04-20-2021, 10:13 AM
My hardware setup:

Mezzmo Pro Server 6.0.6.0 running on Windows 10 PC
Mezzmo Client running on Sony Bravia TV KD-55X75CH attached to home LAN
Optical digital audio output connected to Sony Receiver/amp STR-K750P

If I take a USB flash drive, with a movie on it, and plug it into the USB port on the TV, I can use the default "Media Player" app on the Sony Bravia to play the movie and will get 5.1 audio on my receiver/amp.
If I take the same setup and use the local Mezzmo media server to play the file, I only get PCM48 stereo.
If I use the Mezzmo server running on my PC, I still only get PCM48 stereo.

Is there a setting in Mezzmo I am missing?

Thanks,

Peter
04-20-2021, 11:07 AM
Hi,
it looks like your TV uses Android TV, please try going to 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo and double-click your TV in the list then change the profile to 'Conceiva Mezzmo (Android)' then try streaming the file to see if the 5.1 audio works.

plasmaboy91
04-21-2021, 12:01 AM
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I did change the profile to 'Conceiva Mezzmo (Android)'. It had been set to one of the 'Sony Bravia' profiles. Unfortunately this didn't change my issue.

Peter
04-21-2021, 02:34 PM
We will need to see the logs to determine if Mezzmo is sending the original file to the TV. Can you please enable diagnostic logging http://www.mezzmo.com/wiki/doku.php?id=using_logging&s[]=diagnostic then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try playing the file on the TV and then send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

plasmaboy91
04-22-2021, 10:12 AM
Logs have been emailed. Thanks!