PDA

View Full Version : How to stream to IOS out of home...... ?

smitbret
04-27-2021, 06:33 AM
Has anyone successfully achieved this with the Safari browser?

I have attempted it on several different devices including PCs running Safari and the result is the same frustrating issue every time:

MEDIA SERVER STATUS No transcoding available

Same locations are great with Edge, Firefox and Chrome.

Peter
04-27-2021, 09:14 AM
I was able to play an mp4 without transcoding and an mkv with transcoding on a Mac here using safari. Safari has not been officially supported by apple on Windows for over 5 years now so Safari on a Windows PC may not operate too well. Please make sure you have transcoding enabled in Transcoding Settings as any file other than mp4 may require transcoding.

smitbret
04-28-2021, 10:13 AM
I was able to play an mp4 without transcoding and an mkv with transcoding on a Mac here using safari. Safari has not been officially supported by apple on Windows for over 5 years now so Safari on a Windows PC may not operate too well. Please make sure you have transcoding enabled in Transcoding Settings as any file other than mp4 may require transcoding.

The Safari on Windows thing makes sense. I just tried on an iPhone with both Edge and Safari and they both say "(transcoding required)" but when you hit the "Play" button...... nothing. The screen never changes and it almost appears like Mezzmo never even sees the request. Nothing shows up in the Status Bar.

Ack!

Peter
04-29-2021, 09:14 AM
The browser may not initiate the request if it does not recognize the mimetype. We would need to see some logs to determine if the request reaches the server. We will try to test on an iPhone here.