PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo streaming with Chromecast doesn't show subtitles

Snowflake
07-20-2021, 03:58 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to play a video (mkv) with external srt subs.

When I'm using Mezzmo streaming directly on my SmartTV, everything works well (video + subs)
When I'm using Mezzmo on my phone or tables (using the app and build in video player), everything works well (video + subs)

When I cast in the app using a chromecast (selected in the device part) on my non smart TV, the video plays, but no subtitles are shown.
In the app at the setting, you have a section "Chromecast subtitle setting". When I click on that part, i'm redirected to my phone/tablet settings.
When I switch the "subtitles use" on, everything stays the same. Movie is still played, but no subtitles.

When I use another app like Videostream Mobile to chromecast a video on my tv, everything works correctly (video + subs) on my TV

Hopefully somebody can help me with this issue, so I only need to use and maintain 1 program :-)

Peter
07-21-2021, 08:43 AM
Hi,
please check in 'Media Devices' in Mezzmo to make sure that the device profile for the Chromecast is set to Google Chromecast. When using Videostream Mobile are you streaming from the Mezzmo server or directly using just this app?

Snowflake
07-21-2021, 08:30 PM
When I set the chromecast to "Google Chromecast", I only get a black screen. Nothing happens (even no audio).
Now the chromecast is on Generic device. (video plays well, but no subs)

Peter
07-22-2021, 08:42 AM
The chromecast requires vtt subtitles so the Generic profile will only stream srt subtitles which will not work. Please change the profile to the Google Chromecast profile so that the subtitles will be sent as vtt. We have a couple of Google Chromecast profiles so please try the newer Chromecast Ultra profile to see if this works better. With the original Google Chromecast profile mkv files are streamed as video/mp4 so this might cause a problem with newer chromecasts.