PDA

View Full Version : Does Mezzmo run on Android TV / Chromecast with Google TV

Coises
09-17-2021, 06:52 AM
Does Mezzmo run on Android TV (like nVidia Shield TV) and on Chromecast with Google TV?

Note that I'm not asking if I can cast from a phone. I'm asking if I can install Mezzmo from the Google Play store on these devices and operate it with the device remote, in the same way as I use it now on my aging second generation Amazon Fire TV.

My apologies if that's a stupid question, but I can't seem to find a clear answer.

ftanner
09-19-2021, 02:30 AM
Does Mezzmo run on Android TV (like nVidia Shield TV) and on Chromecast with Google TV?

Note that I'm not asking if I can cast from a phone. I'm asking if I can install Mezzmo from the Google Play store on these devices and operate it with the device remote, in the same way as I use it now on my aging second generation Amazon Fire TV.

My apologies if that's a stupid question, but I can't seem to find a clear answer.

Yes, the Mezzmo Android app will run on the Shield. I have a Shield Pro and it runs great. I can't answer for the Chromecast, sorry.

Coises
09-19-2021, 05:35 AM
Thanks. I'm thinking of replacing our Fire TV gen 2, which is starting to behave a little erratically, with either a Shield or (more likely) a Chromecast with Google TV. I might be OK with complexity, but the rest of the household needs watching our collection to be dead simple.

ftanner
09-23-2021, 05:20 AM
Thanks. I'm thinking of replacing our Fire TV gen 2, which is starting to behave a little erratically, with either a Shield or (more likely) a Chromecast with Google TV. I might be OK with complexity, but the rest of the household needs watching our collection to be dead simple.

I have the Shield Pro. It was a little spendy, but worth every penny.

Peter
09-28-2021, 10:12 AM
The Chromecast does not support as many formats as the Mezzmo app running on an android device so the Nvidia shield is the better option.