PDA

View Full Version : Endless buffering when trying to Fast Forward

AJeff
11-03-2021, 09:39 AM
Hi all. Have Mezzmo server on an Intel NUC, all media files on a NAS, and the Android client on a nVidia Shield. When I try to Fast Forward using the Shield remote, or a 3rd party remote (with dedicated FF/Rew buttons), the Mezzmo client shows "buffering" but never works. I have to use the back button to return to the video. This is the case for every video I've tried.

Video files are all either MKV or MP4, so there (should be) no transcoding happening - and when I check transcoded files, there is nothing there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

Peter
11-03-2021, 10:02 AM
Hi Jeff,

please make sure the 'Conceiva Mezzmo (Android)' profile is selected in 'Media Devices' for the device so that all files are delivered without transcoding.

AJeff
11-05-2021, 10:24 PM
Peter,

Thanks again for the help.

I deleted the Media Device Profile, and also a profile with IP 0.0.0.0. The nVidia Shield reconnected again with no problem. I checked that it is an Android profile, and increased the from 100Mbps to 160Mbps (not sure if that was necessary).
I also checked, and there is not any transcoding happening, so that is correct too.
I will continue to do checks, but it looks like I can fast forward now and consider this resolved.

Thanks!
Jeff