PDA

View Full Version : Wish List: Deleteall metadata for a file, or for all files in a folder

AJeff
11-03-2021, 09:53 AM
Hi Concevia. Due to all the falsely tagged video files from this phenomenon (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/10322-Wish-List-Don-t-Autotag-Movies-if-the-video-file-is-small?p=40980#post40980), I have a lot of metadata do delete in the home videos, classical music concerts, kids videos, etc.

For all of the files that are given Movie metadata that should NOT have been, I have to open “Properties” and manually delete 10+ fields (Title, Sort Title, open and uncheck Category, Content rating, Genre, Series, release Date, Year, Tagline, Description, etc…)

Request/Recommendation: Add a mechanism to delete all metatada for a file – context menu item, button on the Properties screen, etc.
Even better, since I have home movies and music videos in separate folders, the ability delete all metadata for all files in a folder.

Thanks,
Jeff

Peter
11-03-2021, 10:20 AM
You can run Maintenance on the files and change the Metadata retrieval settings to not get metadata from the Internet and this will just get metadata from the file itself and reset/clear the metadata fields.