PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Load Times

MPG
12-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi,
Mezzmo seems to be taking an extraordinary long time in loading. The splash screen loads, says that it is loading the playlists, then inidicates complete. The splash screen remains for almost 15-20 minutes afterwards and is the CPU is running at 50%.

I know my machine is not state of the art. It is a P4 3Ghz machine with 2.5 gigs of ram, running Winxp Pro, but I don't think it should take that long.

I do have a very large music collection with 6 active playlists that locate the top 100 for that century (50's, 60's etc). I am also working daily on my collection so files are being constantly moved around and re-tagged.

I was having Mezzmo load at startup but it was taking so long and interfeering with Net Nanny so I had to stop that. I now load as required, which is not the solution I had envisioned. :(

I'm not sure how Mezzmo is designed, but it appears to update itself when the machine loads. If that is the case, can it be modified to update when it is not in use.

Paul
12-21-2010, 02:51 PM
There's a patch available to fix up loading time - please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll send it to you (just mention that you need the GUI update, not the server).

MPG
12-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Much, much better. Still a bit slow, but definitly manageable! Thank you!

Paul
12-22-2010, 03:51 PM
How long does it take with the patched version? I have a collection of around 250,000 items here (albeit only around 26,000 are music that contribute to playlists) and that takes under 3 seconds to start up.

MPG
12-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Hi Dennis,
I just upgraded to 2.1.12. The load time is about 1 min 10 sec, which is considerably better than 2.1.11. I still can't load it automatically when I log on as it interferes with the loading of Net Nanny. :(

The music library that I have Mezzmo associated with has about 50,000 tunes with 6 active playlists that I created.

Paul
12-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Can you please select Library in the tree and then in the Properties pane you'll see a "Total Playlists" - please let me know what it says there.