PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo and MKV files

wrodriguesjr
12-22-2010, 12:41 AM
I have AVI and MKV movies on my desktop and when I tried to play these files on my DLNA player using Mezzmo, just AVI files were supported.

Is there any codec that I need to install? Do Mezzmo work with MKV files?

Thank you,
Waldir.

RMerlin
12-22-2010, 12:57 AM
What DLNA player do you have? It could be a profile issue.

No additional codecs are required on the PC.

wrodriguesjr
12-22-2010, 01:20 AM
My player is a Samsung BD-C5500 (BD Player). I'm testing some DLNA Servers and I could watch MKV files on some of them but not in Mezzmo.

makimble
12-22-2010, 01:49 AM
I have the exact same issue. I tried to stream an .MKV file, and was not able to. I am also using a Samsung BD-C5500 player, with the latest patch and profile config files. (sent from support).

DarkwingDuck
12-22-2010, 01:50 AM
Hello

I am having the same problem and own that exact bluray player (the BD-C5500). I am trying out some different DLNA servers and see if it works out but havent found any sofar. Its really getting on my nervse now, dont want to use Samsungs own server program.

What program have u tested that worked with mkv: s? Havent found any sofar.

[Problem SOLVED]

I tried everything but I never thought of the simplest thing in the world, the media device profile, I feel so stupid hehe. It was using the Samsung BDP 3D per default and it didnt work, so I changed it to Samsung BDP and it now works flawlessly Hope this helps.

I tried so many many many different DLNA servers but this is hands down the best server I have ever encounted. Used the trial but now I am so totally in love with it so I will definitely buy it.

Paul
12-22-2010, 09:04 AM
Yes, please check that the correct device profile is set via the Media Devices dialog. Also, if that doesn't help, please e-mail support (at) conceiva (dot) com for an update.

wrodriguesjr
12-22-2010, 09:02 PM
I changed the device type to "Samsung BDP" instead of "Samsung BDP 3D" and now it's possible to watch MKV files.

But there is a problem yet: itīs not possible to choose the correct audio and subtitle language. My MKV files have 2 languages for audio and subtitles (Portuguese and English) and only Portuguese is used to play the movie. The AUDIO and SUBTITLE buttons on my device remote control are not able when the movie is played.

Thanks.

NavySEAL
12-23-2010, 03:24 AM
I changed the device type to "Samsung BDP" instead of "Samsung BDP 3D" and now it's possible to watch MKV files.

But there is a problem yet: itīs not possible to choose the correct audio and subtitle language. My MKV files have 2 languages for audio and subtitles (Portuguese and English) and only Portuguese is used to play the movie. The AUDIO and SUBTITLE buttons on my device remote control are not able when the movie is played.

Thanks.

someone will correct me if I am wrong, but here is what I know to be true.

Within MKV files you currently can NOT play subs from within the file. You need to have a separate .srt file with the same main filename as the movie. The developers plan on implementing an option in the future to either transcode the file and have the subtitles burnt in, or allow extraction of the subtitle file automatically so it works as advertised(without the need to transcode)

if you use the search feature on the forum you can find information regarding Samsungs and subtitles with MKV's.

Paul
12-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Yes, the device itself does not support multiple streams, so you cannot switch languages/subtitles even if the file is native. A future version of Mezzmo will allow you to override this shortcoming and let you play any language/subtitle stream (via transcoding of course).

wrodriguesjr
12-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Dennis,

I'm testing some DLNA Servers to choose one to buy and this is only problem I had found on Mezzmo (I can't select Audio or Subtitle on MKV files). Do you know when the new version with this function will be released?

I think this is not a problem of my device, because when I connect my External HD (with MKV files) direct on BD Player USB Port, the AUDIO and SUBTITLE buttons work properly by changing language for audio and subtitles.

Thank you.

Paul
12-23-2010, 09:45 AM
Playing files from a USB drive and via DLNA are actually two different things, so if a file plays from USB it may have more features and even more formats may play as compared to streaming the same file via DLNA.

The feature to select language/subtitle should be out in the first half of 2011 - I can't give a more specific date at the moment, unfortunately.