PDA

View Full Version : Sony GoogleTV

down4mine
12-22-2010, 12:39 PM
I downloaded Mezzmo to use to stream to my Sony Google TV. I don't see Sony Google TV as one of the profiles. What profile should I use? Are you planning on officially supporting Sony GoogleTV? If so, I'll buy a license. Is there a different profile I could use in the meantime?

Is there a way to tell Mezzmo to transcode everything even if it's a media file that is technically supported? The reason is I have some AVI files that work fine on things like Boxee box which uses the same HW as the GoogleTV, but on GoogleTV they either hang or start-over about 3/4's of the way through the movie.

Thanks.

Paul
12-22-2010, 01:41 PM
We'll be getting one of those in early next year and then we'll fully support them, yes. Looking at the specs, it appears that DLNA is only supported for photos (http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10551&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666273506#specifications), but maybe it'll work for music and videos as well. Based on that page, I'd say try the Sony Bravia or Sony BDP device profiles. We're also releasing an update for Mezzmo before the end of this week, so if something doesn't work as expected, please wait for the update (to v2.1.12) or e-mail support (at) concieva (dot) com and we'll send you a patch.

down4mine
12-22-2010, 05:21 PM
It works with music, Video, and photos. It has an Intel CE 4100 so it can easily handle all kinds of video playback. Setting the profile to Sony Bravia or BDP did not show me any of me videos on the server.

I then changed the profile to LG BluRay and I can now see all my media and play it successfully. Is there a timeline when there will be a profile for Sony Google TV?

Paul
12-22-2010, 05:31 PM
They'll be released in Australia (where we are) sometime early in 2011, but we may get one before that - I can't tell for sure at this point. As soon as we have one, we'll make a device profile and we can send this device profile out before an official Mezzmo update.