PDA

View Full Version : Can I replace my master video files with Pre-transcode files?

EditBear
04-06-2023, 01:59 AM
I have a TV Samsung The Frame (32), model QE32LS03TC to view all my videos, which come in many different formats (AVI, DivX MPEG-4, MKV, H264, MPEG2 etc) and many different resolutions (854x480, 480x260, SD, HD etc), not to mention different frame rates.
I use Mezzmo Pro 6.0.6.0 (running on my Windows 10 server) to transcode them on-the-fly during playback to view on my Samsung TV using DNLA.

Mezzmo uses Device profile: Samsung N (No DTS)
The processor runs at 80-90% while transcoding and my hard-drive space is limited, so I would prefer not to keep lots of Temporary Transcoding Files.

I also want to tidy up my video collection to all one format which will play on my Frame TV.
I could manually transcode my hundreds of videos using VLC or Handbrake, but it would take ages!

I have discovered the ”Add text to a title when the file requires transcoding” option under logging which identifies which files are incompatible with my Samsung.
I CANNOT GET THIS TO WORK, NEITHER THE ORIGINAL VIDEO FILE OR LIBRARY NAME HAS ANYTHING APPENDED FOLLOWING THE TRANSCODE?

All I need is a way of matching each transcoded file with its original video marked with the asterisk
If so, can I change the extension and use your pre-transcoded file as my master video file replacing the original in my library folder, which of course would then not need further processing on playback for my TV.

EditBear
04-06-2023, 02:04 AM
All I need is a way of matching each transcoded file with its original video marked with the asterisk
If so, can I change the extension and use your pre-transcoded file as my master video file replacing the original in my library folder, which of course would then not need further processing on playback for my TV.

I have just seen this post on your forum which answers my question!
http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/8844-Convert-Compact-Files-and-Replace-Original-File