PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles work, but no subtitle menu on TV + other issues.

eMWu
12-24-2010, 02:12 AM
I recently installed Mezzmo to use it with my Samsung UE55C8000.
So far it looks like the best software from all those I tried and I'm really considering buying it.

There are 3 minor issue I'd like to bring up:
1. When playing an mkv file with srt subtitles, the movie and subtitles display fine, but the Subtitles menu on my TV (which lets me resync or resize subtitles) doesn't appear.
However when I use Samsung's DLNA server software (SAMSUNG PC Share Manager) to share the same movie and subtitles, the menu shows up.

2. Sometimes files appear twice in my library, like this:
D:\folder\movie.mkv
D:\\folder\movie.mkv
So for some reason Mezzmo sees my drive both as "D:\" and as "D:\\". Using "Maintain Playlist" doesn't fix it.

3. When creating a smart playlist if I want to use the "file size" rule, it's really inconvenient to type 2000000000 instead of 2GB.
Another issue is that file sizes larger than ~2.2GB aren't supported there.

Paul
12-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I recently installed Mezzmo to use it with my Samsung UE55C8000.
So far it looks like the best software from all those I tried and I'm really considering buying it.

There are 3 minor issue I'd like to bring up:
1. When playing an mkv file with srt subtitles, the movie and subtitles display fine, but the Subtitles menu on my TV (which lets me resync or resize subtitles) doesn't appear.
However when I use Samsung's DLNA server software (SAMSUNG PC Share Manager) to share the same movie and subtitles, the menu shows up.

Are you using the "Samsung C" device profile? If not, which device profile are you using? Is the subtitles menu accessed via the Tools on the TV?

2. Sometimes files appear twice in my library, like this:
D:\folder\movie.mkv
D:\\folder\movie.mkv
So for some reason Mezzmo sees my drive both as "D:\" and as "D:\\". Using "Maintain Playlist" doesn't fix it.

Did you add that using the "Add Folder" or "Scan"? Is it an internal drive or a NAS (mapped)?

3. When creating a smart playlist if I want to use the "file size" rule, it's really inconvenient to type 2000000000 instead of 2GB.
Another issue is that file sizes larger than ~2.2GB aren't supported there.
We'll investigate - thanks for bringing this up!

eMWu
12-24-2010, 10:12 AM
1. Yes, I'm using the Samsung C profile. Yes, the subtitles menu is accessed via Tools on the TV.

2. My library was created using Tools -> "Setup Your Mezzmo Library...". It's an internal drive. The server is running Windows XP. I can't reproduce this bug at the moment, perhaps I added that drive twice at that time. I'll let you know if it happens again.

Paul
12-24-2010, 10:19 AM
We'll need to do some extensive testing on this to see what's happening. Probably first couple of weeks in January, since there won't be much development over the holidays.