PDA

View Full Version : Aspect ratio doesnt work on fire stick with hardware acceleration

HomerRamone
11-21-2023, 04:26 AM
As per title. Just got a new firestick 4k.
If I enable hardware acceleration in mezzmo then 4:3 videos get stretched. If I turn it off they dont.

Peter
11-21-2023, 08:56 AM
Hi,
can you please try changing the aspect ratio in the app when hardware acceleration is enabled to see if this changes the aspect ratio to resolve the problem?

HomerRamone
11-28-2023, 04:12 AM
Tried that - it changes for sure - but its not correct.
4:3 still shows the width of the screen. Tried cycling thu all of them

Peter
11-28-2023, 09:20 AM
Can you please try installing the MX Player video player app then in the Mezzmo app settings turn off the option to use the internal video player and try playing the file. When it tries to play you will be prompted to select an app to play the file, please select MX Player to see if the video plays correctly.

HomerRamone
12-11-2023, 01:39 AM
Tried this by having it play with VLC and it gets the aspect correct if that helps

Peter
12-11-2023, 09:33 AM
The Mezzmo app uses the libvlc library to play videos so the VLC app must have fixed something in the area of aspect ratio if it is playing correctly. I would recommend to continue using the external VLC app with the Mezzmo app set to not use the internal video player.