PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having issues with 2.1.12?

kitsunegari
12-25-2010, 01:33 AM
Since my mezzmo updated, I have had issues with playback, both audio and video. I cannot fast forward/rewind through anything, the file just stops. And with an awful lot of playbacks I'm just getting 'Playback not available' after a few minutes.

cruise2001
12-25-2010, 02:14 AM
HUGE issues..."skips"...can't playback any music for more than 2 seconds. Thumbs load with pics, but no full view.

Dion
12-25-2010, 02:43 AM
Right Click Library and do maintain playlist. See if that fixes it. I had this problem once. Doing that solved it for me.

Trancera
12-25-2010, 03:47 AM
Im having the same problems as mentioned, ill try the maintain playlist and see how it goes.

cruise2001
12-25-2010, 04:37 AM
Im having the same problems as mentioned, ill try the maintain playlist and see how it goes.

Nope...no good :(

Trancera
12-25-2010, 04:56 AM
nope...no good :(

ditto :(:(

cruise2001
12-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Looks like some real problems with this new version.

I have deleted and re-initiated all devices, tried several different profiles still no good.

Britinva
12-25-2010, 02:11 PM
So far no issues using Samsung BD-C5500 & HT-C5500..... devices are you using?

cruise2001
12-25-2010, 03:11 PM
I am using both a Sony BDP and Direct TV recievers.

NavySEAL
12-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Sounds like whatever device profile you're using possibly got updated and the file you're trying to play doesn't like it.
Just for grins you could try using a profile from the 2.1.11 version with the new 2.1.12 and see what happens...just as a test.

obviously make sure you back up your 2.1.12 version first. If it works you can rule out it being anything with the main program side of things and pin-point it to the device profile.

cruise2001
12-26-2010, 02:56 AM
Sounds like whatever device profile you're using possibly got updated and the file you're trying to play doesn't like it.
Just for grins you could try using a profile from the 2.1.11 version with the new 2.1.12 and see what happens...just as a test.

obviously make sure you back up your 2.1.12 version first. If it works you can rule out it being anything with the main program side of things and pin-point it to the device profile.

Sounds great, but I have no idea how to use an old profile.

cruise2001
12-26-2010, 04:18 AM
It seems to be working.

I cleared all logs.

then::

I went to the Services section and changed to "Run as local account", restarted and it would not play, I then went back and changed back to Administrator account, typed password, restarted and all is good. I have no idea what happened, but right now it works.

It has not survived a re-start...we will see.

I might have had multiple instances of Mezzmo running... ?

hollis3
12-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Sounds great, but I have no idea how to use an old profile.

Our PS3 started acting strange with the new version. I used an old profile from our laptop and now it works fine.
I installed the last version on my laptop and copied the profile over.

Profiles are in the ProgramData folder.
I still have the last version if you need a copy of it.

RMerlin
12-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Yep, they've made some changes to profiles which causes a lot of files that used to play natively to now get transcoded (that's probably why some of you can't fast forward or rewind).

You need to either edit your device profile to uncomment the commented out section that contains mp4+mp3+ac3), use the 2.1.11 profile, or wait for Conceiva folks to get back from the Holidays to fix you with a fixed device profile.

See my post about the WDTV Live and transcoding from a few days ago http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1049-Mezzmo-now-transcoding-files-that-don-t-need-to-(WDTV-Live)

adiamond
12-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Same here so I've reverted to 2.01.0011. However, I also seem to be running a Sony device profile that I was given along with a patch to 2.01.0011.21 but I'm not running the patch anymore. As per a previous post, I used to have problem with that rev but that was before I fixed my wireless sony problem (another post) so now everything seems to working pretty well. I still seem to have some audio dropouts in a couple of movies which I find baffling* but the stuttering and quitting is gone, the video is quite good (withsome occasional aspect ratio issues), and as the audio problems seem to be minimal all in all its good.

* audio dropouts - it's the oddest thing. Its in concert videos and the dropouts seem just to occur (about 95%) during the speaking vs the music performance (which includes singing). It happens for 2.0.1.0011 and 2.1.12. Plays fine on the computer.

Paul
12-27-2010, 09:09 AM
We do have an updated device profile for the PS3, so if you experience issues with it, please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and wel'll send you the update (to be applied on top of v2.1.12 - .11 is not supported anymore, so you need to update to the latest version). I'm sure we'll get things going smoothly again :)

Same for the other issues - please e-mail support and specify which device profile you are using (as per the Media Devices dialog) and also what device you have. After updating to the new version, your devices may have reset and if you manually changed the device profile previously, this may be lost - that could also be part of the problem.

cozzmoo
01-06-2011, 08:34 AM
yup, been using mezzmo for 6 months now and never had any problems playing videofiles om my sony bravia kdl-40nx700 until i updated to the latest version. now, nothing plays as it used to - i have problems with playback, files that freeze, fastforward doesnt work, lipsync problems, thumbnails dont show, etc... :(

hopefully support will get back to me shortly...

Paul
01-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Did you send a message in to support (it's hard to match forum nicks to actual e-mails)? If you did, then we'll sort it out of course :)

cozzmoo
01-06-2011, 08:53 AM
hi dennis - yes i just did:)

cozzmoo
01-06-2011, 07:59 PM
problem solved - thank u support:)