PDA

View Full Version : ac3 audio in mkv for samsung bd-c5900

aguy
12-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Hi,

As the title says I am playing mkvs with mpeg2 video (works fine) and ac3 audio to Samsung bd-c5900 blu ray. The audio is just silent. Interestingly if I play the same file to a samsung C TV the file plays fine. Also if I manually transcode the ac3 to aac multichannel and remux mkv the file also plays ok on the bd-c5900.

Basically I want to know if someone can help with the code I shoud put into the samsung bdp 3d profile to automatically transcode ac3 5.1 into aac 5.1 only in mkvs.

Thanks.

Paul
12-27-2010, 09:04 AM
Do those files play on the BDP using PCSM?

I wouldn't recommend transcoding to AAC, since FFmpeg considers it an "experimental" codec at this time and thus it may produce invalid sound.

aguy
12-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Ill Check if they do, but can I still do 5.1 with PCM?

It's odd, the samsung TV plays anything thrown at it but the BDP won't. Its a pain because I have 2 non samsung TV's without DLNA which I have BDP attached to.

Paul
12-27-2010, 10:50 AM
Yes, the players on the TVs and BDPs are a bit different. I don't think you can have 5.1 LPCM sound, but I could be wrong on this one :) You should be able to play 5.1 AC3 without issues though.

aguy
12-27-2010, 01:56 PM
Dennis,

the actual problem is with 5.1 ac3. Thats the format that the BDP wont play. If I mux in a 5.1 aac track the BDP plays it fine. Thats why I thought I could transcode to 5.1 aac but sounds like that is not really stable as far as FFmpeg goes.

Maybe I'll just look at a cheap media player instead

Paul
12-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Send us the FFMpeg information and log files and we can double-check it to see if anything is wrong in Mezzmo or the device profile. To turn on logging, see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging. For the FFMpeg information, right-click on one of your 5.1 files in Mezzmo, then use the "Get FFmpeg Information" command and send us the output of that. Send all information to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

aguy
12-29-2010, 09:20 PM
I've sent the requested info to you in the email as requested :)

aguy
12-31-2010, 06:55 AM
HI,

I realised that I probably didn;t say in my email which forum post it was in relation to. My email came from web (at) guyhome etc

aguy
01-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Guess what,

My BDP just announced there was a firmware update. I was previously running the most up to date firmware. I updated thinking it might play the ac3 sound now. Instead it now plays nothing when presented with ac3 and mpeg2 in mkv. Just says unsupported format :s

Paul
01-01-2011, 09:53 AM
Thanks for this info. We will update our Samsung BDP also and check out what is going wrong with AC3 audio. Please give us a few days since it's the holiday period.

Paul
01-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Can you please post the firmware version that you have now?

Also, please check that the device profile is still set correctly, as it may change after a firmware update.

Paul
07-11-2013, 06:13 PM
You can try the aac 5.1. I had a more complicated MKV files encoded in DTS and neither my samsung blu-ray nor samsung tv can play the video. What can I do? Converting the MKV DTS audio is the trick?

You can try pre-transcoding the video to another format. See the Pre-transcoding FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6025-Tutorial-Pre-transcoding-Files