PDA

View Full Version : PS3 and h264/aac

mmcc575
12-28-2010, 02:54 PM
Hey,

I have just started using a trial of Mezzmo, and congratulations on creating a very nice piece of software.

Have a quick query, was testing playback of my files, and when attempting to playback h264 files with aac audio on PS3 (in a variety of containers) I am presented with a black screen and no sound. Unfortunately I have no files with h264 video and non-aac audio, or vice versa to isolate the issue. These files play as expected on the PS3 from USB storage.

Never one to resist an opportunity to hack blindly at code, I uncommented some lines in the following section of the profile (which is correctly selected also).

<avcontainer id="mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2" name="h264aac" encode="0" mimetype="video/mp4" supportschunked="0">
<video>
<format id="mpeg4" encode="0">
</format>
</video>
<!--
<video>
<format id="h264" encode="0">
</format>
</video>
-->
<audio>
<format id="aac" encode="0">
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>

This had the effect of displaying the file of sorts, but with severe stuttering in both video and audio. Probably why it was commented out ;)

Anyhow, many thanks for any assistance!

Paul
01-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com, and we'll provide you with an updated PS3 device profile.

mmcc575
01-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Contact us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com, and we'll provide you with an updated PS3 device profile.

Thanks, when I receive this I will post back and let you know the results :)

mmcc575
01-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Just an update to confirm that the new device profile solved this issues for me, thanks.

Paul
01-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Just an update to confirm that the new device profile solved this issues for me, thanks.
Great - thanks for letting us know!