PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo and Ipad streaming/transcoding

lmdfln
12-29-2010, 09:19 PM
Gents

Im using mezzmo and MLPlayer Lite - i have used the profile "Alpha systems media player lite" in mezzmo and transcoding is enabled. But most files are still listed as

"unkown media format"

Unless i try file type "m4v" then its "may be playable" which they are - but AVI and all other types are as unknown - seems like the transcoding is not working or am i doing something wrong?

BR
Flemming
Denmark

Paul
01-01-2011, 11:44 AM
When streaming files to the iPad (or iPhone or iPod Touch), the files must be a particular format. So Mezzmo must transcode them to this format. The iPad will only play the files when the file has been fully transcoded - so even though Mezzmo is streaming the file to the iPad as it transcodes it, the iPad will not play it until it finds a particular part (index) of the file.

Try this as a test: On your iPad, try playing a file from Mezzmo. If you see the "unknown media format" message, then wait for 5 minutes. Don't play another file - just wait. Now try playing the same file again on your iPad. If it plays this time, then we know that transcoding has finished by Mezzmo, and the iPad is happy to play the file since it found the index part of the file.

Once a file has been fully transcoded by Mezzmo, then it is kept on your computer so it will not need to be transcoded again. That means you should be able to play it again immediately at a later date without any error.

bigdog
01-01-2011, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=Paul;4832]When streaming files to the iPad (or iPhone or iPod Touch), the files must be a particular format. So Mezzmo must transcode them to this format. The iPad will only play the files when the file has been fully transcoded - so even though Mezzmo is streaming the file to the iPad as it transcodes it, the iPad will not play it until it finds a particular part (index) of the file.
QUOTE]

Paul how do I watch a mezzmo video on my iphone
-- what settings or do I have to install something

Mezzmo includes my iphone and a "media device"

RMerlin
01-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Search the App Store for "DLNA Client". There are 4-5 of them, some of which are free. The names escape me at the moment, but you can also find posts referring to them on these forums if you want to see everyone's experiences with specific DLNA clients for iOS.

rkneeshaw
07-03-2011, 06:15 AM
It sounds like this limitation is on the iPad/iPhone/iPod side? Is there anything that can be done to help get to that index faster in the transcoding process?

Gus
07-03-2011, 07:08 AM
If jailbreaking suits you, there is version of XBMC written specifically for iPad, and it plays most formats natively so no transcoding required. It also downscales HD content like .mkv files too, even 1080p content. It streams no problem from Mezzmo.
My iPad is setup this way and i've no problems. Any questions just shout.

Gus