PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Earth net cable to my router

Trancera
12-29-2010, 09:10 PM
I know this is a bit off topic peeps but could you answer a question for me.

Ive decided to back to a wired connection.

My question is

My P.C is not recognising that I have an earthnet cable plugged in.

Do I need to install drivers for my LAN Controller

my PCI card is nVIDIA nForce 430 (MCP51) - LAN Controller

I have found the drivers for this but I thought id ask before I installed them. Also will my router still be able to connect wirelesly to other devices like my PSP Laptops etc even though the p.c will be wired. I assume it will coz all the wireless lights are still on the router.

Cheers.

Carl

Adric
12-30-2010, 11:12 AM
I would say you should try to install your LAN drivers again.
Also check in Windows Network devices and see if you can see you lan card. Check if it is working correctly.
You will still be able to access all the other devices on your network.

Trancera
12-30-2010, 10:38 PM
Right then, After lifting a couple of floor boards and drilling a hole through the ceiling I have now got my router in the same room as the PC and BRAVIA. I am now fully wired again. Already my broadband speed is 3 times faster than when I was wireless, Ive given Mezzmo a quick test and all seems ok. Ill have a full report in a couple of days when ive had time to test it thoroughly. BTW Adric thanks for the advice re: My network card LAN drivers.

Trancera
12-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Right having gone back to a wired connection I watched a couple of 1080p videos yesterday but there was still a few stutter issues. My media files are stored on a 1tb HD, So this morning I moved the movie I wanted to watch to an internal drive on the p.c and so far all is good.

Paul
01-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Great to hear you are up and running. And thanks for posting your experience in case others have similiar problems.