PDA

View Full Version : How are artists sorted via DLNA

goatie999
09-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Hi,

I am in the process of trailing Mezzmo in a long running hunt for the perfect Media server appliaction to stream content to my PS3.

One thing that I have noticed when browsing library from my PS3 if that the artist view does not appear to be in any kind of alphabetical order. Is this normal? As the same view within the Mezzmo client is correctly sorted.

Regards

Goatie999

Paul
09-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi,

I am in the process of trailing Mezzmo in a long running hunt for the perfect Media server appliaction to stream content to my PS3.

One thing that I have noticed when browsing library from my PS3 if that the artist view does not appear to be in any kind of alphabetical order. Is this normal? As the same view within the Mezzmo client is correctly sorted.

Regards

Goatie999
Hello,

Normally a client device (such as the PS3) should ask for the preferred sorting order from the server and the server should deliver contents in that order. However, in most cases this doesn't happen and thus files get delivered without any specific order. We have corrected this issue and Mezzmo will sort items alphabetically if no sorting is requested by the client. This fix will be available with the next update.

Thank you,

Dennis