PDA

View Full Version : Unable to get Mezzmo trial version to run for the first time!

troskap
12-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Just posting in here. I'm trying to get the trial version of Mezzmo to run, but have had absolutely no luck.

My machine is running Win 7 64bit, and is apparently well above the parameters for minimum operation of the software.

My problem is that after I installed the program as an administrator on the computer, Mezzmo would produce a constant error message:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application."

I've tried uninstalling Mezzmo and rebooting, per the FAQ, but it hasn't changed the results, even after shutting anything else down in my system tray, including the antivirus software. I've tried repairing the installation. I've also tried cleaning out the registry with some utilities, but that, too, hasn't resulted in anything of worth. I've tried checking for logs in the Appdata\Local directory, but the folders aren't even created in there! I'm at the end of the rope.

So close to an answer for my media streaming, yet so far....

RMerlin
12-31-2010, 06:29 AM
Check in the Windows Event Viewer - there might be additional information there. Open your Start Menu, and in the search field type "eventvwr.msc".

Look under Windows Logs-> System and Windows Logs -> Applications.

troskap
12-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Check in the Windows Event Viewer - there might be additional information there. Open your Start Menu, and in the search field type "eventvwr.msc".

Look under Windows Logs-> System and Windows Logs -> Applications.

Thanks for the reply. I checked under Windows Logs, and unfortunately, the only error message I could find said the same thing as the previous message. The only other item of information it could provide was Event ID 26, which isn't really useful. :(

RMerlin
12-31-2010, 10:03 AM
Hm. Hang on then, I'm sure someone from Conceiva will get back to you and help you through this. Just for the record, I myself use Mezzmo under Win7 64-bit without any issue, so it's definitely something fixable. :)

Paul
01-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Sorry for your troubles. As RMerlin says, we have many Win7 64-bit users so it will not be your operating system, but something else. Please contact us directly at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we will work with you to get you up and running. We may have to provide you with a special debug logging version of Mezzmo so we can track what is actually going wrong on your computer.

troskap
01-06-2011, 07:07 AM
For posterity, I'm just putting this up for anyone else that might encounter this issue.

Thanks to Adric's help over at Conceiva's support desk, I was able to figure out what was going on. Apparently, during my re-install of Windows 7 64-bit, somehow my folders were set to Read-Only status, and Mezzmo was unable to write critical files to the Apps settings folder. Hence, every time I attempted to run the program, it chose to bork itself and produce the error code. It took adjustment of the Windows 7 UAC to a slightly lower security value before I was able to run Mezzmo install and set the files correctly.

Thanks, Adric!