PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo.exe running at 100% of CPU

ezepe
01-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi

I am evaluating a copy of mezzmo and it was workig fine, butlately I noticed that the mezzmo.exe process is running all the time at 100% of CPU. I can kill that process and the mezzmomediaserver.exe process is still running correctly and I can still reproduce media files from a remote device.
On the status windows of the mezzmo program I can see 3 system taks getting thumbnails for video and photos and artwork, but the number remains the same and I cannot stop any of these task, maybe this is the cause of the problem.
The mezzmo version is 2.1.12.0 and my operating system is windows 7 64 bits.

Do you know what can be causing the problem?

Regards

eze

Paul
01-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Hi,

Yes, getting thumbnails will use your CPU and depending on how many cores your CPU has it make take up all of it. The numbers should go down over time, depending on where the files are located (slower if they're on a NAS). If they never go down, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then start Mezzmo again, wait a few minutes, shut down Mezzmo and send us the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com

catharsys
01-05-2011, 06:11 AM
I do also have this problem... and as far as I can see... the System Task was an old task that got stuck and it isn't able to process further so it will consume cpu... I will enable the logging and then send you the logs

ezepe
01-06-2011, 01:31 AM
I was able to generate the logs as required

The mezzmo log is 100 MB big only after 1 minute.
I have send the information by email as required

Let me know if you need any extra information

Paul
01-06-2011, 08:45 AM
Yep, logs tend to grow very quickly - thanks for sending them in. Someone will get back to you via e-mail.