PDA

View Full Version : HTC Wildfire Profile

mmcc575
01-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Hi,

Not sure if this should work already and I'm just doing something wrong (likely :p), but if not a profile for this device would be great.

Been playing around trying to get files to play natively from the flash card in my HTC Wildfire, and have had success with H.264 video and 160kbps AAC stereo audio in an mp4 container, but can't find a device profile that allows me to stream these (or any) video files from Mezzmo. Using AndroMote as the client on the Wildfire. Tried an MP3 file to test and it works fine using the Alpha Systems Media Link Player Lite profile.

The Wildfire has a 320x240 screen, but it may be the case that a profile that works for this device would work for other Android devices with changing the screen size.

The Android core media info is available

http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html

here.

To get files playable from internal storage, I had to disable features like B-frames, CABAC and Weighted P-frames when encoding with x264-based Handbrake, so it may be that only the Baseline h.264 profile is supported.

Thanks for reading, if this is possible and you need extra info please let me know, thanks!

Paul
01-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi,

The current Alpha Systems profile has things like CABAC enabled, so maybe that's the problem. Please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll send you an updated device profile to try.