PDA

View Full Version : XBMC4XBOX and Mezzmo for HD

oversteer
01-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Very impressed with Mezzmo and XBMC working nicely on SD content!

Now although the XBOX build supports pretty much any format, it struggles when asked to play high definition due to the 733MHz processor. The Mezzmo XBMC profile is presumably destined for all hardware running XBMC which could be any modern processor,

According to this thread (http://forum.mediacoderhq.com/viewtopic.php?t=5014) the xbox will output 720p provided the data has been reencoded into Xvid.

How can I set my device profile to always encode files that are >720 height into Xvid / AC3, and leave files at a lower resolution unchanged?

Paul
01-05-2011, 12:01 PM
The XBMC profile is actually for the software DLNA client XBMC running on a PC, not on an XBox. It's possible to modify it (or rather create a new profile) - please send a message to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and I'll send you a new device profile to try.

Do you have any of those 720p Xvid files that play on the XBox? If you do, can you please send me FFmpeg information on that file as well, so that I could use it as a reference?

oversteer
01-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Dennis, thanks for the file.
I've run into a problem though and I think it is the low processor in my media PC. (P4 3.0GHz)
It looks like it can only transcode at about 15fps for a mkv 720p encoded h264 with DTS into the desired resolution (700x300)

I tried the ffmpeg convert command on another PC (Core 2 E8500) and it did ~60fps on similar settings .. so I guess I need to manually convert files until I buy a new PC (or get a device that decodes h264 natively)

Paul
01-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Yes, unfortunately transcoding requires a lot of CPU power. Mezzmo will have a pre-transcoding feature soon, so that'll take care of that problem then.