PDA

View Full Version : How is it possible to add more tags to mezzmo selection?

MartinL
01-07-2011, 05:26 AM
Hi,

I'm new to Mezzmo but I'm quite impressed about its features - I tried several other UPnP servers but... Now I found Mezzmo!

Since my MP3 collection contains a lot of classical music and music tagged carefully to my own tagging system I would like to know if and how it's possible to add more tags from the ID3v2 tag set in those MP3 music files. I did find, that the composer tag is already in the selection menu for active playlists. But I would like to have more tags somehow in the playlist selections.

My files make use of the following tags (my MP3 tagging calls them as such)
- conductor
- orchestra (band?)
- content type
- subtitle

Is there a file or registry which could be edited to add those (and other) tags or do I need to wait for one of the next releases? What are your plans for releasing a version with this tag support?

Additional I found, that the stream sent to the Renderer does not contain the metadata, is that a limitation of the UPnP protocol?

Martin

Paul
01-07-2011, 08:58 AM
Hi Martin,

You'd need to wait for a release to see new features appear. I'll add this to the development list - do you know the actual short tags that you're using? Or, if you could send one of your files in, we could see which tags are used internally, to make sure we're using the same ones.

Which device are you streaming to? If it supports MP3 files, then we should deliver them without transcoding and the file will contain the metadata internally (it'll be up to the device whether to read it in or not), but if we are transcoding, then yes, the metadata is lost.

MartinL
01-08-2011, 04:41 AM
Hi Dennis

Thanks for your fast answer

I'll send a MP3 file to your support address to let you check the ID3 tags and their names. I tried to switch of transcoding in Mezzmo and did check if those metadata are shown in my UPnP-renderer. The one I'm using on my PC (foobar2000) does not show them, the hardware device (Terratec Noxon) is unavailbe just now, I'll check that later this weekend.

To let you now: I just registered Mezzmo

Martin

Ronald Gliot
01-08-2011, 06:20 AM
I too would love to see the ability to have multiple tags. In MS Media Player I can put two tags seperated by a semicolon and the player will recognize both. Being some music fits in multi categories I would love to see the ability to at least recognized two tags.

Paul
01-10-2011, 09:42 AM
I'll send a MP3 file to your support address to let you check the ID3 tags and their names. I tried to switch of transcoding in Mezzmo and did check if those metadata are shown in my UPnP-renderer. The one I'm using on my PC (foobar2000) does not show them, the hardware device (Terratec Noxon) is unavailbe just now, I'll check that later this weekend.

To let you now: I just registered Mezzmo
Thanks! We'll check out the file and keep it as reference for when additional tags are added in.

I too would love to see the ability to have multiple tags. In MS Media Player I can put two tags seperated by a semicolon and the player will recognize both. Being some music fits in multi categories I would love to see the ability to at least recognized two tags.
Do you mean to search/filter by tags?

Ronald Gliot
01-14-2011, 06:03 AM
In MS Media Player I can put (2) tags in seperated by a semicolon. Typically I do this with "genre" and when going into the various genres you will see the song in both spots. A number of DJ software packages allow for more than 2 even. It would be very cool if Mezzmo would recognize at least two (if not multiple). Presently I maintain my music databse via MS Media Player so I would love for Mezzmo to mirror those capabilities. Presently, I simply have to ensure that the primary genre is listed first in MS, so Mezzmo picks it up properly it appears.

Paul
01-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Ok, I understand - thanks for the suggestion!