PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo, Sony Bravia and Seagate Freeagent GoFlex NAS Device - problem solving

andy
01-11-2011, 07:43 AM
I have a sony Bravia (KDL) LCD TV and use it to access my media files via a Seagate Freeagent GoFlex network storage device - the 2 devices are wirelessly networked. I have downloaded Mezzmo onto my laptop to deal with the transcoding and streaming (the GoFlex supports DLNA but does not transcode) and have added image, music and vidoe files from the GoFLex to the Mezzmo library - all the files show up in the properties pane. However, while the Sony Bravia shows the folders and thumbnails, it says the files 'don't exist'. I can stream compatible files directly from the GoFlex to the Sony and have used Mezzmo to stream directly from my laptop to the Sony so all the hardware appears to work.

I'd be grateful if you can provide any suggestions as to how I might resolve the problem.

Thanks

Paul
01-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Most likely this is a permissions issue. Try adding a user to your NAS with exact same name/password as your login details for Windows on the laptop where Mezzmo is - that may help. Also, if "guest" accounts are turned off on the NAS, please enable them and see if that helps. Let me know how that goes.

andy
01-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Added a user account to the NAS and harmonised login details as you suggested - bingo! It works fine. Excellent advice! Many thanks.

jaggsr
09-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Added a user account to the NAS and harmonised login details as you suggested - bingo! It works fine. Excellent advice! Many thanks.

Are you able to play all video files directly from your Seagate NAS to your Bravia. Mezzmo should not come in picture.

Also what file system you have on your NAS ? I know that Bravia does not support NTFS.