PDA

View Full Version : Changing downloading order of files

ludo15
01-14-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi,

I like to download my files one by one and acheived that by playing with the connections/splits settings, but I can't seem to find how to precisely change the order that my files are downloaded. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks

Peter
01-14-2011, 02:52 PM
You can change the order that jobs download by setting the priority for each job, right-click on a job and go to 'Properties...->Download Settings...' and change the priority. The default value is 'Normal', jobs are downloaded in the order that they were added to the download list, if you change a job's priority higher or lower than normal then that will affect when it is downloaded.

ludo15
01-14-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the reply,

I add a lot of large files to my queue and need to download a couple of them in a certain order whenever I need to.
So if I want to download files 1 to 10 (lets say I have a total of 50 files queued) in order, I have to manually set the priority for each download (there is 5 levels priorities) and can't decide the precise order of the 5 last files.

I find that it could be nicer to be able to tweak the order inside the queue or inside a priority level. I find that could be implemented with drag and dropping jobs in the All download jobs list, or by using arrow buttons in the toolbar.
I do use that sort of feature daily...

Also it would be usefull to be able to modify certain properties of multiple jobs at the same time: like destination folder, priority etc..

Brent
01-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Great ideas!

We agree with both and hopefully we will be able to add these features to a version in the future. Unfortunately we are unable to provide a time frame on when we will get these improvements into DownloadStudio.

ctemby
08-25-2012, 08:48 AM
"I find that it could be nicer to be able to tweak the order inside the queue or inside a priority level. I find that could be implemented with drag and dropping jobs in the All download jobs list, or by using arrow buttons in the toolbar.
I do use that sort of feature daily..."

This would be a very welcome feature in the future.