PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo and Directv

cabram
01-15-2011, 01:53 AM
I recently came accross this product, I have been using TVersity which is ok but this this blows it out the water. My question is the ability to FF/RW. will this work ? I've also read that once you watch a movie and it has been transcoded you can then FF/RW

Thanks -

Paul
01-17-2011, 09:21 AM
You should be able to FF/REW after transcoding has finished. Please give it a try and see if it works. Which model do you have?

cabram
01-27-2011, 02:59 AM
HR20,H23. Do u know if there's a way to batch transcode ?

rizzlerick
01-27-2011, 05:25 AM
wait, should I be able to see my network shares on my DirecTV box somehow??

i have a HR21 and HR24 that are both on my network and both use the whole home DVR to play content between each other no problem. but where would my networked shared movies show up on the directv box?

Paul
01-27-2011, 09:11 AM
HR20,H23. Do u know if there's a way to batch transcode ?
We'll have a function to pre-transcode in a future Mezzmo version.

wait, should I be able to see my network shares on my DirecTV box somehow??

i have a HR21 and HR24 that are both on my network and both use the whole home DVR to play content between each other no problem. but where would my networked shared movies show up on the directv box?
Unfortunately cannot give you a proper answer, since DirecTV is not available outside USA (we're in Australia), so we cannot actually try/test the device here (it will not turn on without feedback from the provider). Check the manual, it should tell you how to watch network contents or maybe someone with DirecTV can also reply here ;)

Snoots
01-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Press menu then choose music photos and more then hit my computers you should then see any and all dnla servers on your network you can then browse and see your media files

wcarty
01-28-2011, 04:04 AM
Streaming movies works great on the HR24

rizzlerick
01-28-2011, 07:43 AM
yep got that working too, but DTV only plays MPEG2 I think so the transcoded files are huge - like 14GB was one I loaded yesterday