PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Media Devices Shown for Same Media Player

Maleko
01-17-2011, 09:56 AM
My Media Devices shows two separate entries for my SONY BDP device (SMP N100). Each entry has a different IP addresses. One ends in .3 and the other in .7 (the .7 shows up on my Netgear Router "Devices Attached" screen.

Why does this happen and should I delete one of them and if so, which one? It seems to me that one may be stepping on the other.

Also, I find that some video files will suddenly stop playing and load the next file. I am using the SONY BDP (NTSC) profile dated 12/22/2010.

Appreciate any comments. I am new with Mezzmo and so far I am "reasonably" pleased with it. I will give it another couple of weeks and see.

Paul
01-17-2011, 11:44 AM
There is no need to delete one of those - they shouldn't interfere with each other. Does the BDP have both a wired and a wireless connection? If it does, it could have two IPs.

With the video skipping to the next - it's possible that transcoding speed is not fast enough. Please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing a video file that skips and once it does that, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com