PDA

View Full Version : Populating video information

caveman38
01-18-2011, 03:14 AM
This is my first post on the forum and I seek some help please.
At the moment I am using Mezzmo to enable me to play MKV files from my PC on my Samsung TV. I have to say how easy it is with this software. In the future I will most probably buy a Media Streamer to enable me to play those files with a bit more functionability, unless.
If I can configure Mezzmo to gather a bit more film info it will make the TV more of a media streamer.
Using Thumbgen I have created a coversheet thumbnail and film synopsis in preparation for a jukebox within a streamer. The thumbnail picture appears on Mezzmo and is transferred to corresponding file on the TV, but. None of the info that Thumbgen obtains ie. genre, year etc. is transferred to Mezzmo automatically. I assumed (wrongly) that when tou update library it would search info obtained by Thumbgen and fill info in.
Am I expecting something that's impossible. Do you guys know how I could obtain all the info elsewhere to fill in the Mezzmo general properties page to poulate that same info to my TV.
Thanks for any help and/or advice.

Paul
01-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Where is the information from Thumbgen contained? Does it write it as tags into the video file or does it create some external file?

Josip
01-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Thumbgen outputs all info grathered from a scraper into a jpg file such as MovieName_sheet.jpg depending on the naming convention your media player will handle. Thumbgen can also create a filename.tgmd file if you wish to apply a different sheet layout without re-scrapping all the data again. The tgmd file is just a zip file with other file contents inside, such as "[Content_Types].xml, BACKGROUND, COVER, INFO, NFO, PREVIEW"

I hope that helps.

Paul
01-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Thanks - we'll investigate it for a future version. I suppose it's similar to handling MyMovies.xml

Paul
09-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Some good news :) - the new version of Mezzmo (v2.4.3) now supports reading ThumbGen files. If you have ThumbGen files (.tgmd) in the same folder as your video files, Mezzmo will extract the artwork from the ThumbGen (.tgmd) file and the metadata from the ThumbGen (.tgmd file) and use it in your Mezzmo library.

Example file naming: Ironman2.mkv and Ironman2.mkv.tgmd